NEW ORLEANS, Dec. 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Many financial advisors – like most people – will fail to achieve their New Year's Resolutions. But they can get everything they want if they show appreciation to their clients, said Michael F. Sciortino, author of the best-selling book "Gratitude Marketing."
"While the book was written using many of the proven ideas I used working with many of the most successful in the financial services industry, I have found that Gratitude Marketing transcends all industries that deal with people, which is just about every industry," said Sciortino who notes that Gratitude Marketing is for every business that wishes to increase client retention, increase referrals, or increase revenues.
"The best financial advisors have found that more hours and harder work are not the answer to better marketing. Studies show that clients are looking for financial advisors who make them feel appreciated. That boils down to how you treat them," said Sciortino, who trains financial planners at workshops at their offices and at conferences.
"Everyone longs for recognition. We yearn to hear these two words, 'thank you.' They cut to the heart and allow you to connect in a powerful way with others. Gratitude opens our eyes to the richness of our relationships. But it isn't enough to just feel grateful. You have to show it," he said.
He calls this "Gratitude Marketing." It is based on using ideas that keep your name in front of your clients. Traditional marketing speaks at people. Gratitude Marketing engages and connects with people.
"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel," he said.
5 Ways to Build Your Business and Reach Your Goals
Sciortino said financial consultants, or any business for that matter, can reach their New Year's Resolutions if they follow these five steps:
1. Determine your why. In order to increase your probability of achieving your goals, start with defining and clarifying your reason for achievement. A clear understanding will help you achieve the best results and often times better outcomes than you expect. Know why you are striving and moving forward.
2. Know your what. This is the strategy stage. Strategy is defined as a careful plan or the art of employing plans toward a goal. What's your plan? What has to happen for your plan to work?
3. Think through your how. This is where you determine the tactics you will employ or in other words, the devices you will use to accomplish an end, your goals. To achieve your success, no detail is too small to escape your attention. How will you get from point A now to point B at the end of the year?
4. Most importantly, establish your when. That's easy. It's now. The New Year gives us that fresh start on January 1. Why not get a head start? Action will supersede everything. As Pablo Picasso said, " Action is the foundational key to all success." I have observed that those who accomplish great things rarely sit back and let things happen to them. They usually prepare then act!
5. Have an accountability partner. It is tougher to abandon your goals when you are accountable to another.
"Zig Ziglar, who is probably known as having been the greatest people builder of all time, said that gratitude is the most life changing attitude of all. Gratitude is defined by Webster's Dictionary as the state of being grateful," he said.
"It is an astonishing concept to think that by simply becoming more grateful in life, our lives can be significantly changed for the better and we can reach our highest potential," he said. "Gratitude Marketing will change your life in the New Year and for years to come."
About Mike Sciortino
Mike Sciortino is a keynote speaker, trainer, successful business owner, and founder and CEO of Gratitude Marketing™, a firm dedicated to sharing the most time-tested, proven and cost effective marketing strategies to help you grow your business through nurturing meaningful long-term relationships.
Mike just released Amazon Best Seller, "Gratitude Marketing: How You Can Create Clients For Life By Using 33 Simple Secrets From Successful Financial Advisors."
For more info go to GratitudeMarketingBook.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-gratitude-marketing-book-shows-financial-planners-how-to-achieve-2016-new-years-resolutions-300191055.html
SOURCE Gratitude Marketing