SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The East coast's largest advanced design and manufacturing event takes place from June 13th-15th at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York and will feature innovative events, educational presentations, and several networking opportunities. The 2017 expo floor will feature more than 900 exhibitors from growing industries such as manufacturing, robotics, packaging, plastics, electronics, and medical technology. This year, the event is also hosting its first-ever Hands of Gratitude Program, which will allow attendees to assemble a fully functional 3D-printed prosthetic hand that will be donated to children in need. Other expo features include presentations and demonstrations on 3D printing, smart manufacturing robotics, and a host of other topics. The three-day event is comprised of six shows that run alongside one another, including Medical Design and Manufacturing (MD&M) East, EastPack, Automation and Technology Expo (ATX) East, Atlantic Design and Manufacturing, PLASTEC East and Quality Expo.
For more information about UBM's Advanced Manufacturing event in New York, please visit: mdmeast.mddionline.com/expo-mdme
"The advanced manufacturing industry is seeing an influx of new technologies, many of which are pioneering innovations in medtech, robotics, manufacturing and more," said Nina Brown, vice president of events, UBM. "We are thrilled that so many companies have selected this event as a launchpad for the next wave of innovative technologies that will help push the industry forward."
UBM's annual New York event is the premiere place to see the latest technology in spotlight industries. The 2017 edition of the event will provide attendees with a unique opportunity to work with their colleagues to build a 3D printed prosthetic hand with the Hands of Gratitude Program. Taking place at booth #329, this 90-minute workshop will allow attendees to connect with others in the industry, while also making a positive difference in someone's life. Other featured events on the expo floor include:
- Robot Building Challenge and Bot Battle - Presented by TeamWorx Team Building: This two-part activity will allow attendees to collaboratively build a small robot and then pit the robots against one another in a series of head-to-head battles. This will take place daily from 1:30 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. in booth #2145.
- Meet SubZero from Battlebots: Taking place on Wednesday, June 14 from 12:30 p.m.- 1:00 p.m., learn about the engineering and design that goes into developing a BattleBot for combat.
- The Museum of Interesting Things - Eureka! Clever Items and Their Origins: Visit the past with the Museum of Interesting Things, featuring antiques and inventions, such as early medical devices on Wednesday, June 14 from 2:15 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. at Center Stage.
- The world's first 3D printed electric vehicle: On display in the event lobby is the world's first 3D-printed electric vehicle, providing a glimpse into the future of the automotive industry.
Other highlights, presentations and networking opportunities include:
- Center Stage: Center Stage acts as the hub for all the action on the expo floor, featuring free presentations every day highlighting various industries including robotics, industrial IoT, VR and more. Center Stage provides attendees with an opportunity to network, collaborate with experts and learn about new trends from experts at the forefront of medical technology. CEO of Galen Robotics, Bruce Lichorowic, will discuss the current state of robotics and his thoughts on the future of the robotics field. "Subzero," from the TV show Battlebots® will be introduced by Automotive Catalyst Evaluation Technician, Jerry Clarkin at Center Stage as well. To see the full Center Stage schedule, please visit: schedulemdme.centerstage
- Tech Theater: The latest in tech innovations in the medtech industry will be available at the Tech Theater. Additionally, the most innovative exhibitors will showcase their products and services featuring presentations from companies such as Nelson Laboratories, LLC; 3M Critical and Chronic Care Solutions, Poly-Med and more. To see the full Tech Theater schedule, please visit: schedulemdme.techtheater
- Speed Networking: Speed Networking connects attendees to engineers, executives, suppliers and more to make matches, cultivate new relationships and collaborate. These five-minute sessions will help develop new contacts and facilitate the introductions that will benefit business.
In conjunction with an exciting expo floor, UBM's Advanced Design and Manufacturing event in New York includes a full calendar of educational conferences. This year's lineup includes speakers from Medtronic, IBM Research, Dexcom, Battelle, Hologic, MannKind Corporation, in addition to many others. To see the full conference schedule, please visit: schedulemdme.mddionline.com/list
UBM's annual New York event continues to grow with the support of key sponsors, exhibitors and partners including: Brand Experience (BXP), Foil and Specialty Effects Association (FSEA), Medical Product Outsourcing (MPO), Aerospace Manufacture and Design, Additive Manufacturing, the Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP), Orthopedic Design and Manufacturing (ODT), DesignNews, Medical Design Briefs, Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry (MD+DI), Industrial Machinery Digest, DeviceMed, Design2Part, Medical Design Technology, Medical Plastic News, MedTech, Modern Machine Shop, MoldMaking Technology, Packaging Digest, Pharmaceutical & Medical Packaging News, Photonics Spectra, Plastics Business, Plastics Decorating, Plastics Today, Product Design and Development, Production Machining, Qmed, TCT Mag, Tech Briefs, Tech 2025, Plastics Machinery Magazine and U.S. Tech.
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
UBM plc is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. In an increasingly digital world, the value of connecting on a meaningful, human level has never been more important. At UBM, our deep knowledge and passion for the industry sectors we serve allow us to create valuable experiences where people can succeed. At our events people build relationships, close deals and grow their businesses. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors – from fashion to pharmaceutical ingredients. These global networks, skilled, passionate people and market-leading events provide exciting opportunities for business people to achieve their ambitions. For more information, go to www.ubm.com; for UBM corporate news, follow us on Twitter at @UBM
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-hands-of-gratitude-program-leads-expo-content-at-the-east-coasts-largest-advanced-design-and-manufacturing-event-300470114.html
SOURCE UBM Americas