New INRIX Traffic App for Android Provides Relief from Soaring Gas Prices
New Android app helps drivers fight record fuel prices with instant access to the cheapest gas, fastest routes and up-to-the-minute traffic alerts
KIRKLAND, Wash., Oct. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As gas prices soar to record levels nationwide, INRIX, a leading international provider of traffic information and driver services, introduced a new INRIX Traffic app for Android that helps drivers locate the closest cheapest gas from more than 100,000 gas station locations nationwide.
With Americans paying up to $10 more for a full tank of gas1, INRIX Traffic for Android helps drivers not only save time and money avoiding traffic but spend less on gas every time they fill up.
"For $2 a month, INRIX Traffic can help drivers reduce the $700 per year2 wasted in time and fuel by avoiding traffic," said Director of Community Relations Jim Bak. "And now with the ability to find the cheapest gas station nearby, INRIX Traffic not only helps drivers waste less gas idle in traffic, it helps them save money at the pump too!"
Now, INRIX Traffic for Android helps drivers:
- Find the closest, cheapest gas (premium feature): Drivers can locate the cheapest gas stations along their route viewing fuel price information updated daily for more than 100,000 gas stations nationwide.
- Know the fastest routes: INRIX Traffic provides drivers with up to the minute traffic maps for 1 million miles of highways, interstates and city streets nationwide. Additionally, the app provides drivers with the fastest routes, travel times and arrival times to their home and office from any location.
- See recommended departure and travel times: The INRIX Traffic Forecast Slider helps drivers arrive on time, every time showing how traffic conditions and travel times are expected to change over the next 8 hours. INRIX Traffic is the only app that factors in the impacts of school schedules, sporting events, conventions, concerts and other traffic impacting events to help drivers avoid frustrating delays.
- Take the E out of ETA with INRIX Arrival Times: With just a few taps, drivers can share their arrival time with any contact via an auto-generated email or text message.
- Get personalized traffic alerts: Drivers can personalize INRIX Traffic to their individual commute to alert them to accidents and other traffic causing delays specific to their routes.
- Join a global crowd-sourced community of drivers: Through INRIX's traffic community of approximately 100 million drivers worldwide, users can instantly view and alert others community members to accidents and other incidents along their route.
Additionally, drivers who upgrade to the premium version of INRIX Traffic have access to even more tools and features to help them avoid gridlock, including the ability to add an unlimited number of destinations and view traffic conditions firsthand through INRIX's nationwide network of more than 10,000 traffic cameras. A lifetime subscription to the premium version of INRIX Traffic is available for $24.99.
Unlike other traffic tools and navigation apps based on crowd-sourced data alone, INRIX Traffic users benefit from the largest traffic network in the world analyzing real-time information from hundreds of public and private sources ranging from traditional roads sensors and incident reports to a crowd-sourced community of approximately 100 million drivers. Through this unique approach, INRIX delivers real-time traffic information accurate within 2 mph of actual traffic speeds under all driving conditions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.3
The INRIX Traffic App also is available on iOS, Blackberry, Windows Phone and Windows 8. To learn more about INRIX Traffic as well as download the app for these platforms, visit www.inrixtraffic.com.
INRIX® is a leading traffic intelligence platform delivering smart data and advanced analytics to solve transportation issues worldwide. INRIX crowd sources data daily from approximately 100 million vehicles and devices to deliver traffic and driving-related insight, as well as sophisticated analytical tools and services, across six industries in 35 countries.
With more than 200 customers and partners including Audi, ADAC, ANWB, BMW, the BBC, Ford Motor Company, the I-95 Coalition, MapQuest, Microsoft, NAVIGON, Nissan, O2, Tele Atlas, Telmap, Toyota and Vodafone, INRIX's real-time traffic information and traffic forecasts help drivers save time every day.
1 Based on the average price of gas in the U.S. on October 15th at $3.81 per gallon, an increase of .34 per gallon compared to the same time in 2011 and a maximum 26 gallon fuel tank. http://www.eia.gov/petroleum/gasdiesel/
2 The cost to drivers annually in terms of wasted fuel and lost productivity according to the Texas Transportation Institute's 2011 Urban Mobility Report. http://mobility.tamu.edu/ums/
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.