SAN JOSE, Calif., March 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Qolsys announced today its next generation IQ Panel 2, the first all-in-one security and smarthome platform that combines advanced hardware and leading interactive software services to deliver a best-in-class experience and provide long-term investment protection for dealers and end-users. Innovative software applications include glass break detection, Bluetooth disarm, the ability to send disarm photos to the smartphone and cloud, and more.
With the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ quad-core 400 processor – a highly integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC) that supports LTE cellular, Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® and HD display, the IQ Panel 2 includes four field replaceable radio slots for current and future connectivity, and an integrated 5 Megapixel HD camera. Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated.
The IQ Panel 2 integrates leading smart home services, powered by Alarm.com (Nasdaq: ALRM). This ensures reliable and easy to use awareness and control for consumers across a broad range of integrated connected devices through a single, intuitive mobile app. Security Dealers can adopt the new IQ Panel 2 with confidence, knowing that it's fully supported by Alarm.com's Mobile Tech installation app and AirFX remote support tool.
"We've enhanced the security of the security system itself, at every level," said Dave Pulling, Qolsys president and CEO. "We are committed to providing continuous innovations in security and software integration with our partners, and to creating a platform that enables dealers to differentiate and upsell. The entire IQ Panel 2 platform is scalable and upgradable over the cloud, saving dealers' time and money, and ultimately improving customer satisfaction, usage, and retention."
"A smart home isn't smart if it's not secure," said Jay Kenny, senior vice president of marketing for Alarm.com. "We're excited to see Qolsys driving innovation in security with the IQ Panel 2. With a focus on security and innovative capabilities like visual verification from the panel to the smartphone app, the IQ Panel 2 takes advantage of Alarm.com's leading cloud services platform to deliver an integrated and exceptional user experience that will resonate with both dealers and end-users."
"From smartphones to security panels, point-of-sale and industrial handhelds, Snapdragon processors are changing the way companies are designing IoT devices," said Anthony Murray, senior vice president, general manager, Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd. "We're thrilled to see companies such as Qolsys take advantage of Snapdragon 400's integrated features to power a platform that is designed to enable leading connectivity options and support for embedded Android capabilities for the IoT."
Summary of IQ Panel 2 Features
The IQ Panel 2 delivers a broad set of enhancements, including data encryption on every radio interface, industry-leading IoT support, integration of Alarm.com services, and flexibility to accommodate customization and future innovation. Specific features of the platform include:
- Modern, elegant wall mount or tabletop panel with small form factor (dimensions: 7.67 inches wide, 5.11 inches tall and 0.91 inches thick), edge-to-edge glass and a 7-inch, high-resolution (1280 x 800 pixels) capacitive touchscreen.
- Clean, intuitive graphical user interface with multi-gesture capability.
- Integrated 5MP HD panel camera provides built-in motion/presence detection to trigger home automation rules and captures disarm photos and alarm videos that are automatically delivered to the Qolsys cloud.
- Innovative glass break sensor application uses the built-in dual high-fidelity microphones to protect against intrusion and save cost.
- Ability to be paired with optional remote access panels for persistent control and access throughout the home.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad Core Processor, a fully integrated SoC, features:
- Native LTE cellular support for all major cellular standards – SIM card support for various cellular carriers, minimizes panel SKU's and reduces dealer installation time.
- Native Wi-Fi 802.11ac – Supports up to 350 Mbps speeds over both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz channels, allowing the panel to serve as a router for private, secure connectivity to remote access panels, IP Cameras and other Wi-Fi ecosystem devices within the home.
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 4.0 – Supports secure, hands-free disarming of the panel when arriving home, enabling the smartphone to replace the key fob, which increases system use and lowers attrition.
- Integrated Qualcomm® Adreno™ 306 GPU – For advanced graphics and HD display.
- SE Android 5.1.1 Operating System – Includes a token-based file system and superior secure cloud connectivity. Enables Qolsys to develop highly advanced applications and scale them to be updated and delivered over Wi-Fi without the need for dealer service calls.
- Four field-replaceable and encrypted radio cards:
- SRF (Security Radio Frequency) – Supports up to 128 Qolsys encrypted S-Line sensors, as well as legacy 319.5 MHz sensors.
- Z-Wave Plus – For performance, reliability and with always-on encryption for up to 232 Z-wave devices.
- Alarm.com's proprietary radio – For up to 5 Image Sensors, each a motion sensor with a built in still camera.
- PowerG – Tyco's leading military-grade wireless encryption technology with frequency hopping that enables superior range, stronger immunity from radio frequency interference and better overall security system reliability.
- Alarm.com Interactive Security:
- Dedicated cellular connection on Verizon's super-fast LTE network offers reliable and secure communications and facilitates easy and automatic software updates from the cloud, including updates to the underlying OS, the application layer, and the firmware.
- Includes Dual Path connectivity that intelligently routes data over cellular and Wi-Fi connections for speed and redundancy.
- Allows total control of the IQ Panel 2 platform from the Alarm.com smartphone app and web portal.
- Alarm.com's Enterprise Partner Services for security dealers enable seamless installation through Mobile Tech, remote troubleshooting, and enhanced support to ensure optimal system performance.
The beta program for IQ Panel 2 will begin April 2016 following ISC West in Las Vegas, Nevada. Qolsys dealers can apply to participate in the beta by visiting the Qolsys Internet of Home Showroom at the Sands Expo Center in Bellini Meeting Room #2102 or at Qolsys.com.
Founded in 2010 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Qolsys is reinventing the security and smarthome market by creating products that are elegant, intuitive, reliable and secure. Qolsys is dedicated to improving the quality of life by integrating computing and communications technologies with its proprietary software to deliver the most advanced platforms for security, energy, wellness and smart home management. The revolutionary all-in-one IQ Panel platform features an embedded camera; integrates with Alarm.com's market-leading interactive security, video monitoring, energy management and home automation; and leverages the robust software development environment of the Android OS, enabling innovative applications and the routine delivery of software upgrades to customers over the cloud with dual path cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity. Qolsys integrates best-in-class technology and services from Alarm.com, Qualcomm, Android, Verizon, AT&T, and Foxconn to deliver reliable, scalable and secure platforms.
All-in-one. Always connected. Learn more at http://qolsys.com/
Qualcomm Snapdragon and Qualcomm Adreno are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Qualcomm, Snapdragon and Adreno are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. Other product and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-iq-panel-2-from-qolsys-delivers-higher-levels-of-security-iot-connectivity-and-ease-of-use-300243936.html
SOURCE Qolsys Inc.