PRINCETON, N.J., March 22, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Graduating seniors in the New Jersey and San Antonio public education system are invited to apply for a 2016 ETS Employees' Community Action Fund (ECAF) scholarship.
ECAF will offer awards up to $10,000 each to selected students who are pursuing a degree in the United States.
Student applicants will be evaluated based on their educational experience; community involvement and activities; demonstrated leadership as indicated in the application materials; writing samples; academic transcripts; recommendation; and need, as determined using the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and/or any hardship defined on the scholarship application.
The application materials will be reviewed by an independent selection review committee whose goal is to identify the most well rounded individuals to receive awards.
Eligible students must be:
- a New Jersey or San Antonio public high school senior graduating in May/June 2016
- facing difficult circumstances or serious and verifiable hardships affecting their ability to attend college
- in active pursuit of a degree in a nonprofit postsecondary institution (2- or 4-year college/university, or vocational/technical school)
- enrolled full-time in an accredited postsecondary educational institution in the fall of 2016
The scholarship program is administered by International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS).
Interested students must complete the ECAF Scholarship application, which can be accessed online at https://aim.applyists.net/ECAFNJ for New Jersey students and https://aim.applyists.net/ECAFSA for San Antonio students. It must be submitted along with a current, complete official transcript of grades to ISTS by no later than April 22. The transcript can be uploaded to the application.
- Applicants will receive immediate confirmation that the application was submitted on their home page.
- Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible.
- Incomplete applications will not be evaluated. Information provided by applicant is considered confidential and is reviewed only by the ISTS Selection Review Committee.
For additional information regarding the scholarship program, please visit http://www.applyists.com/contact-us/contact-us-customer-care/ to contact ISTS.
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and postsecondary education, and by conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC ® tests, the GRE ® tests and The Praxis Series ® assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide. www.ets.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-jersey-and-san-antonio-students-eligible-for-collegiate-scholarships-300239602.html
SOURCE Educational Testing Service