SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Reprints Desk, Inc., a Derycz Scientific (OTC.BB:DYSC) company, today announced the public availability of Bibliogo, the journal article web app that helps users do more with scientific papers. Bibliogo, available in free and paid versions, is built to scale using Google App Engine and is a productivity tool designed for professionals and workgroups in research, bioinformatics, engineering, information management, regulatory and medical affairs, medical marketing and healthcare communications.
"Bibliogo is a mashup for everything you want to do with articles. It combines aspects from personalized RSS-readers and alerting services, bibliographic reference management software, daily deal websites for clinical reprints, and document delivery management systems," said Ian Palmer, Head of Marketing at Reprints Desk and Derycz Scientific. "Bibliogo sets a new benchmark in user experience for social scientific software, presenting content elegantly using a simple design aesthetic and powerful article tools."
Sample article use cases and benefits made possible by Bibliogo include:
- Saving time for scientists, engineers, pharmacovigilance professionals, and others by enabling them to follow and access new articles in journals and saved database searches
- Simplifying processes for librarians and searchers to find, manage, and securely share citations with internal end users via alerts and newsletters
- Saving time for product brand managers and healthcare communications agencies by serving as a one-stop shop for requesting quotes and placing orders for clinical reprints from any publisher
- Enhancing compliance controls for regulatory affairs professionals by enabling them to set-up bibliographies of articles approved for reactive distribution by medical information teams and pro-active distribution by sales and marketing teams
- Saving money for organizations by enabling them to identify paid subscription content for research, placing document delivery orders without any rush fees, and leveraging group buying power for reprints used in marketing
Prior to its public availability, Bibliogo has had multiple deployments across the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Medical Device industries.
About Reprints Desk®
Reprints Desk improves how journal articles and clinical reprints are accessed, procured, and legally used in evidence-based promotions and scientific, technical, and medical (STM) research. Organizations based on intellectual property (IP) choose Reprints Desk because of its collaborative business approach, efficient article supply system and services, and commitment to quality post-sales support. Outsell Inc., an independent analyst and advisory firm, ranked Reprints Desk #1 in the most recent Document Delivery Vendor Scorecard.
About Derycz Scientific®
Derycz Scientific, Inc. develops companies, products, services and systems that facilitate the re-use of published content in a manner that helps organizations achieve their marketing, communication and research goals effectively and in compliance with copyright law and regulatory rules. Its subsidiary companies include Reprints Desk, Inc., Pools Press, Inc. and Techniques Appliquees aux Arts Graphiques, S.p.A. (TAAG). For more information, please visit www.deryczscientific.com.
Certain matters discussed in this press release may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such matters involve risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including the following: changes in economic conditions; general competitive factors; acceptance of the Company's products in the market; the Company's success in obtaining new customers; the Company's success in technology and product development; the Company's ability to execute its business model and strategic plans; the Company's success in integrating acquired entities and assets, and all the risks and related information described from time to time in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including the financial statements and related information contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K. The Company assumes no obligation to update the cautionary information in this release.
Public and Media Relations Contacts:
Ian Palmer, Head of Marketing
Reprints Desk, Inc. | +1 (415) 533.8308
SOURCE Reprints Desk, Inc.