New Lantiq Entry-Level VDSL Gateway Chip Brings CPE Flexibility to Telecom Carriers One Chip Solution VRX220 Lets Carriers Offer Family of xDSL Entry Gateways to Meet Customer Connectivity Needs with Support for Fastest VDSL Access Rates
MUNICH and NEUBIBERG Germany, March 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Lantiq, a leading supplier of broadband access and home networking technologies, today introduced its new single chip VRX220 entry-level xDSL home gateway SoC family. The new Lantiq solution enables customers to offer mature, feature rich VDSL Gateways at an unbeatably cost competitive setup for customers and telecom operators.
The VRX220 is built to balance carrier needs for gateway functionality with low system cost. Features include:
- Significant Bill-of- Material (BOM) savings due to small form factor reference Gateways on a two-layer PCB with Fast Ethernet LAN ports, 802.11n wireless LAN, and Carrier-Grade VoIP.
- Complete and seamless networking software package with routing, firewall and QoS, and TR-69 remote configuration – a ready-to-go design that enables fastest time to market for telecom operators.
- Seamless support of VDSL Profile 8, 12, 17 and 30MHz without any change of hardware, including support of Hybrid Fiber/Copper (FTTB/FTTdp).
- Field proven Vectoring support for future-proof performance in next generation networks.
- Fully backwards compatible with millions of VDSL/ADSL lines in the field and covered by all major international certificates to ensure full interoperability (IOP)
Lantiq has gained significant market share in the CPE VDSL market. According to the most recent IHS/iSuppli market tracker* report for the VDSL Gateway market, Lantiq's share grew from 33% in 2012 to 37% in the second quarter of 2013.
With the new VRX220 chipset family, Lantiq adds a new engine to continue gaining market share. Carriers can adopt a home gateway strategy that uses a common software platform and feature set in a family of devices – from cost-optimized entry level VDSL gateways to high-end media gateways based on more feature-rich CPE chips.
Dirk Wieberneit, Lantiq Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Broadband Business Unit:
"Continued advances in copper and hybrid copper/fiber technology strengthen the economics for carriers to extend the life of their existing networks by further investing in VDSL. With the VRX220, Lantiq meets the trend of moving from ADSL to VDSL and beyond for Entry DSL Gateways, while telecom operators can offer highly cost optimized and feature-rich customer premise gateways to their customers."
More Information about the VRX220 and the complete Lantiq portfolio of CPE solutions can be found on the Lantiq at: www.lantiq.com/VRX220
Lantiq's new xDSL VRX220 communication processor is available now.
Lantiq offers a broad and innovative semiconductor product portfolio for next-generation networks and the digital Home. More Information about Lantiq is available on our Website or via Twitter @Lantiq and YouTube.
*IHS market tracker Q3/2013