New Laos Overnight Adventure Augments Crystal's March Voyage Vietnam, Thailand, and Cambodia also Featured in Overnights Ashore
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A brand new optional Crystal Overland Adventure takes Crystal guests deep into the heart of landlocked Laos during a March 7, 2013 Southeast Asia cruise. The three-night Laos Overland Discovery offers an intimate window into the rich history, secluded culture, and stunning scenery of the former French colony and UNESCO World Heritage site, Luang Prabang, considered the best-preserved city in Southeast Asia.
Participating guests will depart the port of Laem Chabang, Thailand for Bangkok, where they will spend a luxurious first night. From there, they fly to Laos for two nights, to witness a Laotian Buddhist alms-giving ceremony, visit sacred temples, taste rice wine in a local village, stroll through the last royal palace, shop the Hmong night market, and sail across the Mekong River to the Buddha-filled Pak Ou Caves. Travelers rejoin Crystal Symphony in Ho Chi Minh City.
Sixteen days sailing through Singapore (overnight), Bangkok/Laem Chabang (overnight), Ho Chi Minh City (two overnights), Chan May, Hanoi/Hongai, and Hong Kong (overnight) offer not only extensive time in Vietnam, but a choice of seven additional optional Overland Adventures—a rarity in one voyage. The exotic one and two-evening overnights ashore include:
- The Wonders of Angkor Wat – Cambodia's "wonder of the world," walled city Angkor Thom, Banteay Srei and Ta Promh temples, and an Apsara dance show.
- Phong Nha Caves & Vietnam Heritage – Perfume River voyage, magnificent caves, and former imperial capital Hue, its Citadel and Royal Palace
- Overnight in Bangkok and Ayuthaya – An elephant ride through the former royal capital of Siam, the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace, Mable Temple, Asian art and shopping
- A Portrait of Vietnam: Hue, Hoi An & Hanoi – Two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, China Beach, an imperial-style costumed dinner, and highlights of foreign influences
- One Night in Bangkok – A Chao Phraya River cruise, Wat Trimitr, Wat Arun, and the Grand Palace
Fifty-five carefully crafted Crystal Adventure shore excursions, almost a dozen available as Private Options, take travelers from tasting local culinary specialties and hearing native music, to thrilling helicopter rides above Hong Kong and contemplative visits to ancient spiritual sites.
"Our guests continually seek new and broader ways to immerse themselves within destinations and cultures," says John Stoll, vice president of land and port operations. "Southeast Asia is rich with sights, smells, tastes and history that create an unparalleled vacation experience."
Until October 31, all-inclusive "Book Now" voyage fares begin at $7,565/person. The Laos Overland Discovery begins at $5,026, per person, including airfare, hotel, and other inclusions.
Crystal's passion for creating exclusive, eye-opening luxury shore-side experiences are cornerstones of its Crystal Adventures program, earning the line top ratings for two decades.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.
CONTACT: Mimi Weisband or Susan Wichmann 310-203-4305, firstname.lastname@example.org.
VISIT: Crystal's Media Center
SOURCE Crystal Cruises