New Marketing Partners Join 30th Anniversary Celebration Of Jim Henson's Beloved Television Series Fraggle Rock™
--GLOBAL EFFORT KICKS OFF ON EARTH DAY WITH THEMED-EVENTS AND PRODUCT OFFERINGS--
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- 2013 marks the 30th Anniversary of the perennial favorite television series Fraggle Rock™. The Jim Henson Company announced today the newest marketing partners to join in the celebration which officially begins on Earth Day, April 22, and will feature 30 trendsetting brands, designers, and artists for the Dance Your Cares Away celebration. Some of the most recently added partners to be included in this collaboration are outlined below. A complete list of all 30 initiatives can be found on http://www.fragglerock30.com/. Fans will be able to visit the special anniversary site for information and links to the products below. Join us at https://www.facebook.com/fragglerock and follow us at https://twitter.com/fragglerock for up to the minute news and lots of Fraggle fun.
- FAO Schwarz® has a Fraggle Rock Feature Shop for the month of April at their New York City flagship location. The Feature Shop includes special Fraggle Rock signage, an assortment of Fraggle Rock merchandise, and select items from The Jim Henson Company Archives, including original artwork and costumes.
- The Hub Network Is hosting a Fraggle Rock marathon on Sunday, April 21 (9 a.m. – noon ET / 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. PT) The special three-hour broadcast will include six back-to-back episodes of the landmark television series.
- Gaiam Vivendi Entertainment is releasing the Fraggle Rock: 30th Anniversary Collection On May 14. This DVD set includes all four seasons, behind the scenes interviews recently discovered in the archives of The Jim Henson Company, a "Red Fraggle" plush keychain and an exclusive graphic novel. On that same date, Gaiam Vivendi Entertainment will be introducing Fraggle Rock: Meet The Fraggles, featuring the pilot, as well as five episodes highlighting each of the beloved main characters. Also celebrate the Fraggle Rock 30th Anniversary with free episodes, dedicated collections, and more on leading digital platforms including iTunes, Xbox, Vudu, Sony, and Amazon.
- Archaia is providing an exclusive graphic novel that will be included in Gaiam Vivendi Entertainment's upcoming release of Fraggle Rock: 30th Anniversary Collection.
- Heydey Footwear is offering limited edition Super Shift Gobo footwear which will be available on Earth Day, April 22.
- Threadless will create adult and children's tees using Fraggle Rock contest winner's art. The contest is scheduled to begin on April 22 and run through May 6. Go to www.threadless.com for additional details.
- Cupcake Digital Cupcake Digital introduces deluxe, animated story apps based on the classic Fraggle Rock series. The first app, "Fraggle Friends Forever," introduces everyone's favorite Fraggles, and entertains with hundreds of surprising interactions, full narration, three reading modes, and games designed to reinforce sight word and letter recognition. It will soon be available on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play and the NOOK Apps stores.
- Deckdaq will be offering Facebook collector card packs.
- Genera is creating a new app that will focus on music education for kids in addition to fun games.
- ICUP, a leading manufacturer of novelty home goods is producing glassware and mugs featuring new 30th Anniversary Fraggle Rock artwork.
- Insight Editions will be releasing a high end coffee table book in spring of 2014.
- Walls 360 http://www.Walls360.com/FraggleRock a leading print-on-demand wall graphics company is set to launch a new collection of re-positionable wall graphics featuring over 30 different Fraggle Rock designs.
- Truffle Shuffle (www.truffleshuffle.com) a high end dot com retailer based in the UK will be offering a new line of upscale adult Fraggle-themed tees.
About Fraggle Rock
Created by Jim Henson, Fraggle Rock stars a cast of puppet creatures called Fraggles, quirky cave-dwellers who live in an underground world alongside their industrious green neighbors, the Doozers and a family of enormous Gorgs. The show has been seen in over 80 countries and continues to enjoy a loyal international fan following while encouraging friendship, tolerance and diversity with fun adventures and a unique mix of music from all genres including folk, blues, gospel, country and rock.
About The Jim Henson Company:
The Jim Henson Company has remained an established leader in family entertainment for over 50 years and is recognized worldwide as an innovator in puppetry, animatronics and digital animation. Best known as creators of the world famous Muppets, Henson has received over 50 Emmy Awards and nine Grammy Awards. Recent credits include the Emmy® nominated "Sid the Science Kid," and "Dinosaur Train" as well as "Wilson & Ditch: Digging America" and "Pajanimals." Features include "The Dark Crystal," "Labyrinth," "MirrorMask," and "Unstable Fables" and television productions include "Fraggle Rock" and the sci-fi cult series "Farscape."
With additional locations in New York and London, The Jim Henson Company is headquartered in Los Angeles on the historic Charlie Chaplin lot, complete with soundstage and postproduction facilities. Independently owned and operated by the five adult children of founder Jim Henson, the Company is also home to Jim Henson's Creature Shop™, a pre-eminent character-building and visual effects group with international film, television and advertising clients, as well as Henson Recording Studios, one of the music industry's top recording facilities known for its world-class blend of state-of-the-art and vintage equipment. The Company's Henson Alternative brand has recently launched the national tour of "Stuffed and Unstrung," a live puppet improvisational show named one of the top 10 "Best Stage Shows of 2010" by Entertainment Weekly. henson.com; join us on facebook.com/hensoncompany; and follow us at twitter.com/hensonparents
SOURCE The Jim Henson Company
More by this Source
The Jim Henson Company Launches Dinosaur Train -- Live! Buddy's Big Adventure
Jul 16, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.