New MediaRich ECM for SharePoint adds Support for SharePoint Term Store
Automatic modifications, replacement and merging of SharePoint's term store, and managed metadata is now possible with Equilibrium's visual asset management system
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Equilibrium (www.equilibrium.com), a Microsoft Silver ISV and the creator of MediaRich Server and MediaRich Enterprise Content Manager (ECM) for SharePoint, today announced the integration of MediaRich ECM for SharePoint 4.3.2 with the Microsoft SharePoint Term Store. The combination of the MediaRich visual asset management platform with SharePoint's metadata management and term classification tools opens methodologies for business process automation. Equilibrium's MediaRich ECM for Sharepoint solves the fundamental issues with volume ingestion of content during upload and at any time from within standard SharePoint libraries.
New features in MediaRich ECM for SharePoint version 4.3.2 include:
- With MediaRich for SharePoint 4.3.2 you can now save time by batch uploading files with the MediaBatch™ uploader while simultaneously associating Term Sets to the entire group of files to be uploaded. Additionally, if you skip the metadata process, files will be automatically "checked out" until the process is concluded.
- Adding metadata to your assets in SharePoint no longer has to be part of the upload process. Now, with the new MetaBatch™ editor, you are able to easily select in SharePoint an individual, group or batch of files, to edit, merge or replace Term Store metadata.
- MediaRich for SharePoint 4.3.2 speeds management and governance of metadata association to groups of files while also providing a vast improvement in the ability to find what you are looking for within SharePoint searches, resulting in significant cuts to workflow time on an enterprise-wide basis.
- MediaRich for SharePoint is 100% compliant with SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2010 private cloud and on-premises installations.
- SharePoint Enterprise customers with thousands of term sets are now enabled to accelerate the management of their data for large volumes of content.
- MediaRich assumes term sets have been predetermined using SharePoint managed metadata taxonomy for small and medium enterprise installations.
"By leveraging SharePoint's powerful Term Store and adding batching of selected files and hierarchical uploads, we have been able to make media access management more robust, secure and intuitive while simultaneously solving the dilemma of manual requirements for discovery enablement," said Sean Barger, Equilibrium founder.
Equilibrium® (EQ) (www.equilibrium.com) is a proven enterprise that develops and sells applications for the automation, transformation, delivery and monetization of high definition video, audio, image and text media — in use at hundreds of entertainment, media, consumer product, and marketing companies around the world.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.