SAN FRANCISCO, April 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Drivers often wonder how moving to a new address, adding a vehicle to their policy, or filing an accident-related claim could impact the price of their car insurance.
Today, those questions just got a lot easier to answer. The What If Calculator is a new online tool that provides customers with a personalized estimate of how different events can raise — or even lower — their car insurance premiums. And it's just for Esurance customers.
This unique interactive tool helps customers make smarter choices about their car insurance and clarifies the insurance process. Users simply answer a question or two, and Esurance does the math and shows the before and after premium personalized for each customer for the following scenarios:
- Tickets — various types of traffic tickets or moving violations can impact rates differently; for example, a driver can see how a reckless driving violation increases their premium
- Accidents — an accident-related claim can impact premiums
- Changing vehicles — certain cars that have safety features, such as passive restraints and airbags, can help lower a premium
- Moving — moving to a different ZIP Code in the same state can often change a premium
The What If Calculator is yet another way Esurance is using the latest technology to make insurance easy for customers. Esurance also offers other innovative tools, including the Coverage Counselor® and Express Lane™ quoting, to help further streamline insurance for consumers. For more information about smart technology from Esurance, visit www.esurance.com/about/technology.
* The tool will be used for informational purposes only. Actual changes will not be made to the policy. The amount of time it takes for tickets to impact a consumer's rate varies by ticket type and state.
What If Calculator estimates are calculated by using common assumptions about factors, such as coverage levels, driving record, mileage, length of ownership period, and bodily injury limits.
The 6-month quote that the What If Calculator will display will be based on the policyholder's current payment plan.
Other factors, such as recent policy changes, upcoming rate changes, and discounts, could also impact a price.
Esurance provides auto insurance direct to consumers online, over the phone, and through select agents, including sister company, Answer Financial. With an easy-to-use mobile app, quick comparison quotes, and online repair monitoring, Esurance is insurance for the modern world™ and the smart choice for today's web-savvy consumer. As a member of the Allstate family with an A+ rating from A.M. Best, Esurance is a reliable choice for car insurance, offering anytime, anywhere service just a click, call, or tap away. For more information, visit www.esurance.com or call 1-800-ESURANCE (1-800-378-7262).