NEW ORLEANS and PETERBOROUGH, N.H., June 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Staff Development for Educators' (SDE) upcoming Conference on Reading, Writing, Math & More! will feature 90+ sessions to help PreK–5 educators master content delivery to awaken student, teacher, and school success. The Conference on Reading, Writing, Math & More! will be held June 28-30, 2017 in New Orleans, LA.
"This year's sessions are a blend of much-needed practical information and motivating insights that will get every educator excited about content delivery," SDE Director of Programing Lauren Reynolds says. "Attendees will walk away with inspiring strategies to address core content instruction, assessment, and motivation and engagement."
The grade-specific presentations will cover educators' most pressing concerns—including guided reading, comprehension, phonological awareness, project-based learning, early numeracy, and more. Featured sessions include:
- Assessment: Making It Real, Keeping It Simple (Gr. PreK–1) offers tips on informal assessments and progress‑monitoring techniques that won't consume much time or energy.
- Early Math Interventions (Gr. PreK–K) provides differentiated ideas and strategies for helping students who don't "get it" the first time around.
- Flexible Grouping: The How, Why & What (Gr. K–5) explains exactly what flexible grouping is and how to make it work for a variety of purposes, including differentiating instruction.
- Phonemic Awareness & Phonics...From Sassy Sounds to Lively Letters (Gr. PreK–K) introduces kid‑friendly techniques for reinforcing letter sounds and beginning reading skills and laying the groundwork for emergent reading success.
- Project‑Based Science in Your Differentiated Classroom (Gr. PreK–5) explores new and engaging science activities that connect students to the real world.
Sessions are keyed to help attendees make the best selections based on their needs. Make & Take sessions feature actual physical projects and activities that can be brought back and executed in the classroom. See-It-in-Action sessions use classroom video footage to demonstrate how to apply what was learned. S.T.E.M. sessions contain information and strategies for Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Math. Hands‑on, highly interactive sessions offer wealth of strategies and techniques. And RTI sessions offer strategies that support RTI (Response to Intervention) efforts.
"There is truly something for every educator. Both the new teacher and the classroom rock star will return with all the tactics, strategies, and how-to's they need to accelerate student achievement through effective content delivery," Reynolds adds.
To register for SDE's national conferences and pre-conferences, upcoming PD events, or other professional development opportunities, visit www.SDE.com, call 1-800-462-1478, or email email@example.com.
SDE is one of America's leading providers of professional development for PreK through Grade 12 educators. Through Onsite PD, PD Events, Web-Based PD, and PD Resources, the company empowers teachers and administrators across the country with ongoing professional development that is not only research-based, innovative, and rigorous, but also practical, motivating, and fun. All SDE training is presented by the nation's top authors and educational experts, with the goal of creating extraordinary classrooms that prepare students for the evolving demands of the 21st century.
For more information about SDE, educators are encouraged to visit www.sde.com, or to call 1-800-462-1478.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-orleans-prek-5-educator-conference-to-deliver-strategy-packed-sessions-to-address-diverse-challenges-of-todays-classrooms-300467695.html
SOURCE Staff Development for Educators