New Orleans Wine & Food Experience To Mark Its Coming Of Age "America's Favorite City" celebrates 21 years of Wine and Food
NEW ORLEANS, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Twenty-one years ago a small group of forward-thinking wine lovers sat around a table concocting an event that today is considered one of the top wine events in the country. The 21st anniversary of the New Orleans Wine & Food Experience—May 22 – 25, 2013— includes wine dinners hosted by more than 30 local restaurants; Vinola, NOWFE's premium tasting event; the Royal Street Stroll presented by Rouse's, NOWFE's signature event set in the heart of the French Quarter; culinary seminars based on the current trends in wine and food; and two days of Grand Tastings with over 75 restaurants and more than 1000 wines. The Gateaux Show is back for a second year, tantalizing guests with spectacularly designed pastries inspired by New Orleans burlesque entertainers, and NOWFE offers a new event, Funkin' It Up, that features an all-star cast of chefs (including Michelle Bernstein, Michael Anthony, David Slater, Donald Link, Aaron Sanchez Danny Bowien and John Besh), wineries and live music while guests celebrate Mrs. Leah Chase, this year's recipient of the Ella Brennan Lifetime Achievement in Hospitality Award. Taking place in "America Favorite City," as awarded by Travel + Leisure Magazine, NOWFE annually attracts over 10,000 foodies, wine connoisseurs, art aficionados and music lovers to New Orleans' restaurants, shops and art galleries.
"NOWFE has come a long way over the last 21 years, but one thing never changes—our commitment to providing a one-of-a-kind experience for wine and food lovers," states Jamie Peckenpaugh, NOWFE Executive Director. "There are a lot of other wine festivals around, but none can compete with the unique 'experience' that New Orleans offers." Inspired by world-class, local ingredients and culinary talent, NOWFE showcases New Orleans' restaurants, arts and music scene, as well as its architecture and cultural diversity. With support by the Louisiana Office of Tourism's "Pick Your Passion" campaign, NOWFE continues to achieve number one status.
NOWFE has contributed more than $1 million to local non-profit organizations. This year 100% of the proceeds will go towards two causes: fighting hunger and supporting culinary education. Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana will receive 40% of the proceeds, while the remaining 60% supports other local nonprofits.
SOURCE New Orleans Wine & Food Experience