LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CES -- hipplay™ offered 2014 International CES show-goers a preview of its new hipplay™ app, the world's first cross-platform media aggregator that gives iOS and Android users a whole new way to instantly access, view and share their entire collection of digital photos, videos and music stored virtually anywhere, all from a single, free app.
The first universal media management system of its kind, hipplay™ tears down storage silos and consolidates scattered digital content into a single interface, giving users ubiquitous, one-touch access to all of their memories and music stored on:
- Social sites, like Facebook and Twitter, including both your own photos and videos as well as those others have posted with you,
- Local storage on any linked PC, Mac or mobile device, including iPhone, iPad and even Android phones and tablets—regardless of whether the device is powered on,
- Cloud storage, with access to photos, videos and music on Dropbox, SkyDrive and GoogleDrive, and
- Home networks through compatible Routers and Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices by Linksys, LaCie, Netgear, Seagate, Medion and more.
"How many times have you wanted to show a photo or video to a friend and realized it's not on your phone? Instead, it's on your iPad, which is at home and turned off. As our lives have become increasingly digital, content storage has become increasingly fragmented, scattered across so many platforms that it's nearly impossible to access what you want, when you want it," said Marc Benglia, CEO of hipplay™. "hipplay™ solves that problem by connecting all of your media in a central location with the ability to search, filter, view, play and more, all from a single app."
Getting started with hipplay™ is easy: simply connect all of your devices and accounts through the hipplay™ app, which then indexes and makes all your digital media available, in real-time. The entire collection is now searchable across every platform, giving you the power to search for all songs by a single artist stored on your phone, Dropbox or home storage, for example.
"Some NAS devices or even routers now come with software that lets you access your media remotely, and of course there are remote solutions to access your PC or Mac. But, hipplay™ is the only product that aggregates your media storage at home, on social media, in the cloud and on your mobile device in a single place, eliminating the need for a several stand alone apps," Benglia said.
In addition to one-touch ubiquitous access to all of your digital media, hipplay™ also enables users to:
- Edit photos directly within the app;
- Share photos and videos instantly via Facebook, Twitter or email;
- Stream virtually any video format on iOS, without having to download and decode it first, with the first built-in decoder that unlocks the proprietary format limitation on iOS devices for over the internet video streaming in real time;
- Connect to Google TV set top boxes and Smart TVs that are hipplay™ Ready and view media from your collection on the big screen anywhere; and
- Connect to home media stored on hipplay™- ready routers and home gateways coming pre-installed on select new devices in 2014.
hipplay™ for iOS and Android will be available for public download in Q1/2014 from the Apple App Store and the GooglePlay store. Each hipplay™ account comes with 5GB of free cloud storage to speed up always on access or use as content backup. In-app upgrades offer the ability to add an unlimited number of cloud storage accounts, wide video decoding support and 250GB of cloud storage.
For a live demo, visit the hipplay™ Booth 80414 location in the Gold Pavilion at the 2014 International CES, or contact Maggie Perry at 847-415-9301 to arrange a one-on-one hipplay™ experience at the hipplay™ Hospitality Suite.
About hipplay inc.
hipplay™ is the leading provider of embedded and cloud digital home media server and media aggregator platforms, giving consumers direct access to their personal digital media wherever it is stored—at home, in the cloud and on social media. Its software platforms are available for consumer use, as well as embedded with select OEM and service provider technologies. The privately held company is based in Ottawa, Ontario. For more information, visit www.hipplay.com.