New RSA Products and Services Improve Security Operations; Eliminate Security and Compliance Trade-Offs
New RSA Security Analytics and RSA Security Operations Management Solutions Marry SIEM with Advanced Security Capabilities
AMSTERDAM, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RSA CONFERENCE EUROPE 2013
- New products and services help organizations build and advance their security operations functions while expanded visibility provides the ability to respond to incidents quicker and reduce the business impact.
- Enhanced RSA Security Analytics solution addresses SIEM and compliance requirements while complimenting a longer-term advanced security operations strategy.
- The new RSA Security Operations Management solution enables enterprises to seamlessly orchestrate people, process and technology to effectively detect and respond to security incidents.
- RSA continues to help close the industry skills gap with new RSA Advanced Cyber Defense (ACD) incident response retainer and industry education service.
RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), today announced a new combination of products and services to help organizations mature their security operations and accelerate incident response functions while addressing traditional SIEM requirements as part of a advanced security strategy.
Read more about this news at EMC's product and technology blog, EMC Pulse here.
The offerings include a significant update to RSA Security Analytics, a new RSA Security Operations Management solution and new RSA Advanced Cyber Defense (ACD) services – RSA Retainer for Incident Response and RSA START for Incident Handling – along with new analyst-focused education modules. The combined offerings are designed to empower organizations to continuously and consistently improve management of their security incident lifecycle – from detection, to investigation, to response and learning/process improvement.
Updates to the RSA Security Analytics solution provide additional deployment options for customers to speed adoption and advance security initiatives. Featuring a new, modular architecture, RSA Security Analytics helps address key SIEM and logging requirements while reducing costs for long-term data retention. Combining SIEM with near real-time streaming analytics helps expedite incident detection and alerting while an enhanced interface incorporates visualization capabilities to help improve identification of suspicious events.
Additionally, the new RSA Security Operations Management software and RSA ACD services create a unique interoperable incident response solution with focused consultancy and education services to help customers continually improve their Security Operations over time. They include:
RSA Security Operations Management – New solution enables robust orchestration of intelligence, context, processes and resources, thereby:
- Centralizing incident management and integrating business context
- Offering best practice incident management recommendations that leverage industry-standard frameworks, as well as RSA-developed best practices
- Providing a breach impact analysis framework and recommended breach response procedures
- Enabling SOC managers to manage the entire IT security team and measure the effectiveness of their incident response teams.
RSA ACD Response and Learning Services
- RSA Retainer for Incident Response provides an experienced RSA response team on retainer to help organizations respond to critical incidents.
- RSA START for Incident Handling provides forensic assessment services to help organizations proactively improve incident response procedures.
- New SOC/CIRC analyst-focused education modules help increase the skills of security analysts in detecting, analyzing and responding to security incidents.
RSA's new offerings are designed not only to address the everyday challenges of today's security teams, but also to enable organizations to quickly identify, respond and fully manage a crisis while, while helping them to build out mature security capabilities over time.
Jon Oltsik, Senior Principal Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"Even though organizations find themselves at varying levels of maturity when it comes to advanced security operations, it's important they employ solutions that are able to grow along with their needs. Integrated solutions that comprise incident detection, investigation, and response, can help organizations reduce the overall impact of security incidents on the business, meet compliance requirements, and streamline security operations."
RSA Executive Quote:
Grant Geyer, Vice President, RSA Security Analytics
"By offering a robust set of tools and resources for incident detection and response, RSA is helping organizations advance their current capabilities, and is also providing a solid blueprint and flexible platform to more easily build and mature a Security Operation Center to address the threats of tomorrow."
- Learn more about RSA Security Analytics
- Learn more about RSA Security Operations
- Register for the upcoming Webcast: Prioritize Threats with Business Context
- Learn more about RSA Advanced Cyber Defense Services
- EMC Pulse Blog: Dispatch From RSA Conference 2013: Improving Security Operations Management, While Moving SIEM Forward With Advanced Analytics
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of intelligence-driven security solutions. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges: managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, preventing online fraud, and defending against advanced threats.
Combining agile controls for identity assurance, fraud detection, and data protection, robust Security Analytics and industry-leading GRC capabilities, and expert consulting and advisory services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the data they create, the transactions they perform, and the IT infrastructure they rely on. For more information, please visit www.EMC.com/RSA.
RSA and EMC are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings of EMC Corporation, the parent company of RSA, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and RSA disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
More by this Source
EMC Sponsors 19-Year-Old's South Pole Speed Record Attempt, Climate Change Research
Nov 18, 2013, 09:00 ET
EMC Announces General Availability of XtremIO All-Flash Array
Nov 14, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.