HELENA, Mont., Oct. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Turning a day on the slopes into a work of art, dog sledding deep into winter wilderness, speed flying off a 4,000-foot peak, fat biking down steep and snowy trails and venturing into uncharted territory in a 1,200-pound snow cat—what do they all have in common? They're the latest adventures to be brought to life in The Sky's the Limit campaign, a series of short films that feature Montana as a premier travel destination through the stories and experiences of real people.
The first winter episode in The Sky's the Limit campaign, produced by the Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development (MOTBD), launches today with more to come throughout the winter season. Designed to inspire travelers to pursue their own winter adventure in Montana, the five films feature the journey of different people realizing their potential in Montana and following them as they explore the possibilities.
Alpen Glow, the first winter feature and sixth episode in the campaign, tells the story of Rachel Pohl, an avid downhill skier and thriving artist who finds inspiration in Montana's high elevations. The story follows Rachel as she makes her way up and down picturesque, snow-packed mountains in search of her next Montana landscape to paint. What she finds along the way is brought to life on canvas, demonstrating her passion for her work and home state.
"There's something really special about waking up hours and hours before anyone else, and just sort of feeling the world around you breathe," said Pohl. "Here in Montana the mountains make it possible to venture into some really wild places. Largely, my work has been inspired by Montana and the places I go. Being able to share that with other people has been a real gift."
Alpen Glow can be viewed at http://www.visitmt.com/campaign/montana-tv/episode-6.html.
In addition to watching Rachel's story, travelers can explore Montana for themselves with links to ski resorts, art galleries and a list of Rachel's top 10 things to do in Montana. This and other episodes can be found at VISITMT.COM.
Five additional winter episodes will be added throughout the winter season, including:
- Episode 7: In the Moment – Go deep into Montana's backcountry on a dog-sledding expedition with the Absaroka Dogsled Treks team and discover a new sense of wonder and adventure. Debuts: Early November 2016.
- Episode 8: The Magic Place – Experience the thrill and excitement of traveling inside a giant snow cat as it plows its way to fresh powder. Journey miles into the winter backcountry to places you can't go otherwise, then grab your skis and step outside to find a mountain all your own. Debuts Early December 2016.
- Episode 9: Homecoming – Soar off a mountain with speed flyer Adam Majors, as he comes back to Montana to live out his dream of descending down Frazier Basin, one of Montana's most scenic and challenging backcountry skiing destinations. Debuts: Early January 2017.
- Episode 10: Training Ground – Up your game with Ridge Mountain Academy instructor Billy O'Donnell as he takes you through one of the nation's premier programs for developing tomorrow's pro athletes. Debuts: Early February 2017.
- Episode 11: At Peace – Bike down steep and snowy terrain with cycling enthusiast and entrepreneur Cricket Butler. Explore beautiful Whitefish as she demonstrates why fat biking is one of the fastest growing winter sports. Debuts: Early March 2017.
About The Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development (MOTBD)
MOTBD markets Montana's spectacular unspoiled nature, vibrant and charming small towns, breathtaking experiences, relaxing hospitality and competitive business climate to promote the state as a place to visit and do business. For more information, go to VISITMT.COM.
Editors' note: Find more information about The Sky's the Limit campaign in Montana's pressroom, and visit our ="https://www.flickr.com/photos/74049913@N06/albums/72157674902791405" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">flickr page to find photos associated with the Alpen Glow episode.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-short-films-show-why-montana-is-destination-for-snow-covered-adventures-300352027.html
SOURCE Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development