New SmartStick Shakes up Streaming World with Android Media Center
Browse and search across the entire catalog and receive intelligent recommendations on best ways to watch 40,000 Movies, 300,000 TV Episodes, 1,700 Channels, 1,800,000 apps sorted by free, subscription, rent and buy options
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Introduced at the 2016 CES, Consumer Electronics Show, the new SmartStick Media Center supports full android giving it more streaming apps and channels than any other streaming device. It unifies search and discovery from over 100 popular streaming sources including YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and Sling TV. Shake the remote to activate the air mouse and go from media center to full Android PC mode.
"Apps are rapidly changing how we watch our favorite movies and tv shows. We've quickly gone from a Netflix, Hulu world to having endless free, subscription, and rental options at our disposal. Having unlimited options for viewing our favorite content is a beautiful thing, but sifting through endless apps can be very frustrating and costly. This is why SmartStick is changing the game....no more guesswork jumping from app to app trying to see who has what....streaming simplified" –Jeremy Yakel, CEO of FAVI ENTERTAINMENT
Quickly access all the best movies and TV series, view by channel, or search using the remote control keyboard. Get all available options on how to watch, sorted by free, subscription, rent and purchase availability. This avoids the "walled garden" experience by letting the user decide how they want to stream.
For example, once a user selects a movie or TV show, it will provide the user with available viewing sources:
- "Free" i.e. Crackle, Break.com, etc.
- "Subscription" i.e. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc.
- "Rent or Purchase" i.e. Google Play Movies & TV, Vudu, etc.
- More streaming apps than Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Chromecast
- Free view gives instant access to all free movies and shows sorted by most popular
- 1.8 million+ apps and games available for download from Google Play and Amazon App Stores
- Stream in 1080p or 720p with Dolby Digital Audio
- Bluetooth remote control with motion activated air mouse, full keyboard and IR learning function to control the TV power and volume
- "Shake" remote to activate Air Mouse and enter Android PC mode
- Fully interact with Google productivity apps including Android for work and Android for Classroom
- Set up single use workstation devices
- create digital signage displays
- develop new work flows / connect apps with IFTTT & other popular automation or tasker apps
- Manage network media with Plex or Kodi
- Full Android 4.4 OS
- Quad-Core Processor
- 8GB Storage
- 1GB Memory / Ram
- Dual band WiFi
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 2 USB inputs, 1 Micro SD slot, 1 Micro USB (Power)
SmartStick will be available at Best Buy, Amazon, and Newegg in late January. Limited quantity is now available for $99 through favientertainment.com and smartsticksolutions.com. See SmartStick in action here: VIDEO
FAVI ENTERTAINMENT is dedicated to providing world class entertainment, technology, and design. Since 2007, we've developed over 120 consumer technology products under the FAVI brand. In 2012, the first Smartstick was released and received an Edison Award for its human-centered design and innovation. Favi continues to develop products and solutions for digital media delivery.
Phone: (586) 943-5885
Fax: (248) 218-1080
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-smartstick-shakes-up-streaming-world-with-android-media-center-300200948.html
SOURCE Favi Entertainment