CHICAGO, Feb. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- As Valentine's Day approaches on February 14th, Sittercity and its new expanding on-demand babysitting service, Chime, conducted a timely national survey to discover the dating habits of parents in the U.S.
The results revealed that many parents with young children rarely find time to have date nights without the kids, and cite the cost of babysitting as the number one reason for not leaving the kids at home more often. However, once kids reach the age of three, parents become a lot more apt to have date nights without the kids.
"Our ideal date is dinner and a movie without one of our kids having a freak out!" according to one mother from Jacksonville, FL.
Here are some of the notable results from the study:
- Parents generally don't find time for dates without the kids. 46% only go out once or twice per month.
- Parents with infants are the least likely to make it out of the house without kids. 70% of parents of 0-2 year-olds reported they only go on dates once per month or less.
- Half of parents with children 3 years-old and older report making it out for a date at least once per week.
- 56% of parents are most likely to run errands with a few hours of free time, while 25% would go on a date.
- 61% of respondents said they are most likely to go on a date with their partner when they have a night off from the kids, while 25% said they're most likely spend time with friends.
- 28% of parents said they likely won't celebrate Valentine's Day until after February 14th, while 25% of parents report they are likely to celebrate Valentine's Day as a family and include the kids.
Sittercity is the pioneer in online child care. Sittercity has thousands of sitters and parents joining the site daily and the site has connected millions of families with caregivers nationwide over the past 15 years. Sittercity's on-demand babysitting service, Chime, launched in October 2015 and is available in Boston, Chicago, NYC and Washington, DC with more cities on the way. With Chime, parents are able to instantly book a select group of pre-screened and thoroughly vetted sitters. Learn more at hellochime.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-study-finds-parents-are-less-likely-to-go-out-without-kids-until-children-are-three-years-old-300404835.html