Media Advisory: Wednesday Press Conference (September 28) - National Press Club
WASHINGTON, Sept. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new report that outlines the importance of the diesel industry to the U.S. economy, employment sectors and trade exports will be unveiled at a press conference Wednesday, September 28th, at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
The press conference will also be web streamed live beginning at 11 a.m. ET Wednesday at: http://www.visualwebcaster.com/dieseltechforum2011economicstudy
Diesel technology is critical to the U.S. economy – the largest economy in the world. It makes and moves the vast majority of goods and services Americans use in everyday life.
Diesel producing and reliant sectors of the economy constitute nearly half of the U.S. GDP. It is also largely "home grown," providing high wage jobs for Americans - adding to the U.S. economy rather than to the nation's trade deficit.
The report -"Diesel Powers the U.S. Economy: Providing High-Paying Jobs, Exports and Long-Term Productivity Gains in the Nation's Fundamental Sectors" - was conducted by Aspen Environmental Group and M.Cubed for the Diesel Technology Forum.
Date: Wednesday, September 28th, 2011
11 a.m. (ET)
Participants: -Allen Schaeffer, Executive Director, Diesel Technology Forum
-Dr. Richard McCann, Aspen Environmental Group
(Prime author of the report)
Web streaming: http://www.visualwebcaster.com/dieseltechforum2011economicstudy
Web viewers can submit questions for the speakers to address at the press conference by:
1) email (email@example.com) or 2) text (202) 355-3664.
Copies of the report will be available at the press conference.
Report Details Diesel's Economic and Employment Value Throughout U.S. Economy
The report includes detailed information on diesel's economic value and employment impact on the U.S. economy including the following sectors:
- Engine and equipment manufacturing
- Fuel production
- Freight (trucking, railroads, ships and marine vessels)
- Passenger cars and light trucks
- Public and school bus manufacturing and transportation
Major U.S. Economic and Employment Factors Examined
The report quantifies the diesel industry's current contribution to the economy and its evolution as a sustainable, green, high value-added industry. Among the economic factors also examined in the report are:
- The synergistic relationship between the nation's economic well-being and the use of diesel technology (The Ceridian-UCLA Pulse of Commerce Index and U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics' Transportation Services Index);
- The importance of diesel as a cost-effective and energy-efficient power source for the U.S. economy and future economic growth;
- The 4.5-to-1 positive economic value diesel adds to diesel-reliant industries;
- Diesel's unusual U.S.-based industry that has remained largely "home grown";
- The important of diesel to U.S. military operations and emergency services;
- Diesel's role as a prime source of industrial site, remote and backup power generation.
ABOUT THE DIESEL TECHNOLOGY FORUM
The Diesel Technology Forum is a non-profit national organization dedicated to raising awareness about the importance of diesel engines, fuel and technology. Forum members are leaders in clean diesel technology and represent the three key elements of the modern clean-diesel system: advanced engines, vehicles and equipment, cleaner diesel fuel and emissions-control systems. For more information visit www.dieselforum.org.
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
SOURCE Diesel Technology Forum