New TI low power RF transceiver delivers leading range and co-existence for Sub-1 GHz wireless connectivity
Support for narrowband and wideband systems with data rates up to 1Mbps for smart grid, home and building automation, alarm and security and IEEE 802.15.4g applications
DALLAS, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced the SimpleLink™ Sub-1 GHz CC1200 transceiver, an extension to TI's RF performance line family. With leading range, co-existence and data rates up to 1Mbps, the CC1200 is aimed at Sub-1 GHz wireless connectivity for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Home Area Networks (HAN) in the smart grid, home and building automation, and alarm and security system applications. The CC1200 offers years of battery life from low power operation with sniff modes and fast settling time. A flexible RF solution, the CC1200 supports legacy Sub-1 GHz systems, all IEEE 802.15.4g FSK modes with hardware packet handling as well as hardware AES security support and all Wireless M-Bus (wM-Bus) modes. For more information on the CC1200 and corresponding CC1200DK development kit and CC1200EMK evaluation module, please visit: www.ti.com/lprf-cc1200-pr.
Pin-for-pin compatibility with TI's CC1120 RF transceiver enables manufacturers to easily adopt the SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1200 for new designs with higher data rates, AES security and 802.15.4g support. Additionally, the CC1200 is optimized to work with several other TI products to further enhance system operation, including:
- CC1190 power amplifier front end: Provides up to +27 dBm operation in 868/915/920MHz bands (learn more in this application note)
- TPS62730 DC/DC converter: Delivers up to 30 percent lower current consumption (read more in this application note)
- MSP430F5438A microcontrollers (MCU): In a typical system, the CC1200 can be used together with an ultra-low power MSP430™ MCU and only few external passive components
- CC2538: Combined with the CC1200 delivers dual-band 2.4 GHz and Sub-1 GHz ZigBee® and 6LoWPAN solutions
SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1200 features and benefits
• Up to 1Mbps radio
• Supports 169 / 433 / 868 / 915 / 920 MHz
ISM/SRD bands with possible support for
additional frequency bands:
• High effective data rate for large sensor
• Hardware support for upcoming Sub-1
Best-in-class range and co-existence
• +16 dBm output power
• -127 dBm sensitivity using built-in coding
• 60 dB selectivity and 90 dB blocking
• Up to 143 dB link budget for long range
• Best-in-class co-existence for handling
noisy RF environments
Leading low power consumption
• 0.3 uA power down current, 0.5 uA sleep
current with timer running and 2 mA RX
• Quick transition between power modes
• Reduced system power consumption while
maintaining best-in-class RF performance
Low cost design
• Compact reference design with few external
components, and small and efficient PCB
• No need for expensive SAW and IF filters
• Reduce external component cost and count
Availability and pricing
The SimpleLink CC1200 is available in a 5x5mm QFN 32 package for $2.20 in 1,000 unit volumes from TI authorized distributors and is part of TI's free sample program. The CC1200DK development kit and CC1200EMK (420-470 MHz or 868-930 MHz) evaluation modules are available on TI's eStore and TI authorized distributors for $299 and $99 respectively.
Find out more about TI's RF performance line:
- TI's RF performance line: www.ti.com/lprf-cc1200-pr-lp2
- TI E2E™ LPRF community: www.ti.com/lprf-cc1200-pr-forum
- RF performance line videos:
- TI's wireless connectivity eNewsletter: www.ti.com/wiconnewsletter-pr
- TI's ConnecTIng Wirelessly blog: www.ti.com/connectingwirelessly-pr
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SimpleLink, MSP430 and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.