PLAYA VISTA, Calif., Oct. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Linksys®, a leader in networking solutions for the home and business and the first to ship 100 million routers, today announced new Tolly Report test results on comparing a Linksys AC1900 MU-MIMO Max-Stream Seamless Roaming bundle of a router and range extender to new market vendors offering AC1900 whole home Wi-Fi solutions. A recent performance study conducted by The Tolly Group shows the Linksys EA7500 Max-Stream AC1900 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router + RE7000 Linksys Max-Stream MU-MIMO AC1900 Range Extender greatly outperformed competition when testing Wi-Fi performance on multiple devices and individual devices on the network in mixed distance tests. Results show the Linksys EA7500 + RE7000 together provides up to 7.3X greater throughput then comparative AC1900 Whole Home Wi-Fi solutions from Eero® and Luma®.
Whole Home Wi-Fi solutions are sold as combo router/range extenders all-in-one (usually in 2 or 3 packs) and are using a form of mesh networking to deliver Wi-Fi throughout the home. The Linksys Router + Range Extender leverages MU-MIMO, the latest 802.11ac standard, and seamless roaming technology to create a single network in the home with a single network name (SSID) so users can roam seamlessly throughout their home. Both options deliver Wi-Fi around the home, however the Tolly report shows the Linksys Router + Range Extender delivers faster aggregate data throughput for all devices on the home network as well as individual device results.
"We applaud new technology and ways to deliver Wi-Fi throughout the home; however, the new Tolly report shows our innovation around seamless roaming coupled with the latest 802.11ac standard (MU-MIMO) provides faster speeds to all the devices in your home," said Mike Chen, vice president of product management at Linksys. "We know that Whole Home Wi-Fi technology will get better in time, but today the latest Wi-Fi technology that we pioneered nearly 20 years ago shows if you want fast Wi-Fi at a distance, the router and range extender is the better overall choice."
To view the complete Tolly Group report, visit: http://tolly.com/DocDetail.aspx?DocNumber=216145
Media also provide high praise in performance resulting in multiple awards on the EA7500 and RE7000 including Digital Trends, PC Mag, Gadget Review and TweakTown.
- "The Linksys EA7500 Max-Stream AC1900 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router delivers speedy dual-band and MU-MIMO performance, and offers a solid array of ports and management settings." - PC Mag.com (April 14, 2016)
- "The Linksys EA7500 is a router built for people who game hard, stream often, and download like it's going out of style." – Gadget Review (March 2016)
- "Some places have thick plaster walls, others have a cluttered wireless spectrum. But if your Wi-Fi connection is currently bad, upgrading to the Linksys EA7500 is likely to make a difference." – Digital Trends (Feb 29, 2016)
- "At this price point, there really aren't many products available that offer more performance or features for your dollar than the Linksys MAX-STREAM EA7500 AC1900 MU-MIMO wireless router."-- TweakTown (March 2016)
- PC Mag Editors' Choice – PC Mag.com (April 14, 2016)
- Product Recommend Award – Digital Trends (Feb 29, 2016)
- Product Value Award – TweakTown (March 2016)
- Product Recommend Award – We Got Served (Feb 18, 2016)
- Twice Pick Award at CES 2016
The Linksys AC1900 MU-MIMO Router (EA7500) and AC1900 MU-MIMO Range Extender (RE7000), are available at Linksys.com and at leading retail and online retailers for an MSRP of $169.99 and $149.99 respectively.
About The Tolly Group
The Tolly Group is the industry's leading provider of third-party testing and validation services for IT products, services and components. Tolly's expertise spans wireless, storage, virtualization/ thin clients, switching, security (including but not limited to: endpoint security, NAC, mobile security, backup and recovery and deduplication), networking, and cloud services. For more information, please visit www.tolly.com.
The Linksys brand has pioneered wireless connectivity since its inception in 1988 with its leading innovation and engineering strategies, and best-in-class networking technology, design, and customer service. Linksys enables a connected lifestyle for people at home, at work and on the move, and with its award-winning products, simplifies home control, entertainment, security and Internet access through innovative features and a growing application and partner ecosystem. For more information, visit linksys.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or watch us on YouTube.
* As reported by Ixia ixChariot v7.10 SP3. Test conducted by Tolly comparing EA7500+RE7000 AC1900 Wi-Fi Solution to 2 similar Whole Home Wi-Fi solution competitors. 7.3x claim is based on the greatest difference in throughput to a single device.
Notes: All testing using 5GHz. Average of three runs.
Source: Tolly, Sep 2016
Testing done in the United States with a router+ range extender produced for use in the United States.
Maximum performance derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance may vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends upon many factors, conditions and variables, including products used, interference and other adverse conditions. Specifications are subject to change without notice. An active, customer-purchased Internet Service Provider broadband account is required for connection of these routers and other connected computers and devices to the Internet. Some devices may require additional wireless adapters or an Ethernet cable to connect to these routers.
© 2016 Belkin International, Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Linksys and many product names and logos are trademarks of the Belkin International. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/new-tolly-group-report-shows-linksys-mu-mimo-ac1900-router--range-extender-with-seamless-roaming-technology-outperforms-whole-home-wi-fi-solutions-300340855.html