New TP-LINK 300Mbps AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender Brings Internet Connectivity to Every Corner of Your Home or Office
Extend your network using both Powerline and WiFi technologies for optimal network coverage and effortless wireless network extension
CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif., Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- TP-LINK, a global provider of networking products, today announced its new 300Mbps AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender (TL-WPA281), designed to extend a network connection to every room of your house using your existing electrical wiring, and broadcasting a powerful wireless signal at 300Mbps in that particular room. Ideal as a whole home solution, it reliably connects all network compatible devices, such as computers, game consoles, set-top boxes, printers and NAS servers.
With the AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender, all devices in a room will have two easy options to access the network, via wireless or via an Ethernet cable (which plugs into your Powerline adapter). With the built-in QoS feature, it is ideal for bandwidth-consuming or latency-sensitive applications like video streaming, online gaming and Internet calls. Powerline technology is a sensible alternative for areas in the home or office that are hard to reach with Wi-Fi connections -- more reliable than Wi-Fi and more flexible than wired connections.
The 300Mbps AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender is on display at:
- 2012 International CES, January 10-13, 2012, in Las Vegas at Booth #36212 South Hall
- Digital Experience media event, January 9, 2012, in Las Vegas at The MGM Hotel
300Mbps AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender (TL-WPA281) – $109.99 – Product Available in Q2 2012
- HomePlug AV standard compliant, high-speed data transfer rate of up to 200Mbps, ideal for HD video streaming
- Wireless N speed 300Mbps and backward compatible with 802.11b/g products
- Compact design with a new exterior, blends completely in front of any power outlet
- No new wires, uses existing electrical circuitry
- Up to 300-meter range over the household power circuit for better performance through walls and across floors
- Easy Plug and Play operation, No configuration required
- Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 65%*
- Establish a 128-bit AES encryption to secure the Powerline network simply by pressing the Pair button on the adapter
- Built-in QoS assures the quality of bandwidth sensitive applications such as voice, video and online games
- Supports IGMP managed multicast IP transmission, optimizes IPTV streaming
- Features a wide range of plug types including EU, UK, AU and US to be used nearly anywhere in the world
*Actual data will vary depending on network conditions and environmental factors
The 300Mbps AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender joins TP-LINK's family of Powerline solutions, which include an AV500 Gigabit Powerline Adapter, AV200 Mini Powerline Starter Kit, and others. More info can be found here.
Hi-res images are available here:
TP-LINK products are available in retail at Fry's Electronics and MicroCenter. You can also find them online at Newegg.com, Amazon.com, TigerDirect.com, Walmart.com, and Buy.com. For more details on where to buy, please visit us here.
TP-LINK is a global provider of SOHO & SMB networking products and the world's No. 1 market share leader in WLAN and Broadband CPE devices, with products available in over 120 countries to tens of millions of customers. Committed to intensive R&D, efficient production and strict quality management, TP-LINK continues to provide award-winning networking products in wireless routers, network adapters, access points, ADSL modem routers, 3G routers, Powerline adapters, switches, IP cameras, print servers and media converters to global end users. Visit us at http://www.tp-link.com/en/.
More by this Source
TP-LINK Establishes Research & Development Division in San Jose
Apr 01, 2014, 08:45 ET
TP-LINK Maintains Lead in Global WLAN Market
Mar 13, 2014, 08:40 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.