SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Legrand, North America today introduced the Wattstopper PW-311 passive infrared 0-10 volt dimming wall switch occupancy sensor to meet the growing demands of energy efficient LED lighting systems. This new sensor provides occupancy and dimming control that supports the latest electrical and energy code requirements, including ASHRAE 90.1 (2010) and California Title 24, for small commercial applications such as conference rooms, private offices, classrooms and breakrooms.
Ideal for new construction and retrofit upgrades using LED loads, the PW-311 is cost competitive, easy-to-use and install, and replaces multiple control devices in a room. Additional benefits and features include:
- Neutral Sense™ Optional Neutral Connection: Simplifies compliance with 2011 National Electrical Code NEC requirements for a neutral wire in the wallbox in new construction projects. Neutral Sense products ensure out-of-the-box compatibility with existing wiring whether or not a neutral wire is available at the switch location.
- Multi-Way Capability: Expands and enhances coverage of the space with full function multi-way control from one to up to four control locations.
- Simple and Secure Design: Blends seamlessly into any décor with six color options with matched lenses and low profile design. Vandal/tamper-resistant lens offers precise coverage and durability.
- Key Mode Features: Offers new settings such as power loss mode, optional presentation mode, and smart light level to meet and adjust to user needs.
"The shift to energy efficient LED lighting systems has added a lot of complexity for our customers, and we are alleviating that with simple solutions that improve efficiency and performance. In this case, the Wattstopper PW-311 adds a new dimming capability and key features to the most specified and trusted line of wall switch occupancy sensors on the market," said Ryan Smillie, Product Line Manager for Wattstopper at Legrand North America.
Wattstopper, a product line of Legrand, offers the most comprehensive line of simple, scalable and flexible energy efficient lighting controls and solutions for commercial and residential applications. The Wattstopper range of products, programs, and services have been helping customers save energy, meet green initiatives and comply with energy codes for more than 30 years. www.legrand.us/wattstopper.
Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Its comprehensive offering of solutions for use in commercial, industrial and residential markets makes it a benchmark for customers worldwide. Innovation for a steady flow of new products with high added value is a prime vector for growth, including in particular connectable products enhancing value in use. Legrand reported sales of $5.3 billion in 2015. Legrand has a strong presence in North America, with a portfolio of well-known product lines that include C2G, Cablofil, Electrorack, Middle Atlantic, Nuvo, On-Q, Ortronics, Pass & Seymour, QMotion, Quiktron, Raritan, Vantage, Wattstopper, and Wiremold. Legrand is listed on Euronext Paris and is a component stock of indexes including the CAC40, FTSE4Good, MSCI World, ASPI, Corporate Oekom Rating and DJSI (ISIN code FR0010307819). www.legrand.com.
Mary Placido, Wattstopper PR
(415) 218-3627 email@example.com