New Website "YourHealthInsuranceCompanySucksWhen.org" Channels Consumer Horror Stories Conversation
SANTA MONICA, Calif., June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new website launched this week by Consumer Watchdog, www.YourHealthInsuranceCompanySucksWhen.org, has unleashed an intense conversation by consumers nationwide about their health insurance horror stories.
The site invites the public to complete the sentence "You Know Your Health Insurance Company Sucks When" by submitting a complaint on the website or using the hashtag #YourHealthInsuranceCompanySucksWhen. Consumer Watchdog will also watch health insurance companies' own social media feeds, and common hashtags like #KaiserSucks, to retweet and repost consumer complaints from around the web.
The hundreds of postings from consumers across the country include:
- "You know they suck when they take your money for 6 months and when you do go to the doctor the insurer did not pay…" Bessie J, Palm Beach, FL
- "My prescriptions are over $100 less if I use the pharmacy's own 'discount' than when I use my insurance card. Seriously? Why bother?" Michelle, Lag. Bch, CA
- "They stop covering your ADHD medicine." Shoshana, Portland, OR
- "They say they are working on it and to call back in 30 days." Robert C.
- "Anthem denied receiving 2 months' premiums, refused to track them since they hadn't been received, then cancelled my coverage." Deborah N, CA
- "Your insurance company sends you a letter stating you will no longer qualify for their insurance so they switch you to a more expensive one." Louise, FL
"YourHealthInsuranceCompanySucksWhen.org will serve as an early warning signal for new problems emerging in the health insurance marketplaces," said Carmen Balber, Executive Director of Consumer Watchdog. "The #YourHealthInsuranceCompanySucksWhen hashtag will facilitate a conversation about health insurance companies' latest efforts to price-gouge and deny coverage to patients."
Find 'Your Health Insurance Company Sucks When' at:
SOURCE Consumer Watchdog