EVERGREEN, Colo., Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Wowza Media Systems, LLC, provider of Simply Powerful Streaming media server software, today launched its new Wowza Streaming Engine, the most flexible and extensible video streaming software on the market with more powerful performance capabilities and a new intuitive management interface for easily deploying, managing and monitoring live and video on demand (VOD) streaming to any device.
Simplified Streaming Software
The customizable and scalable Wowza Streaming Engine software is the newest version of the company's industry leading server software, formerly known as Wowza Media Server, that powers reliable streaming of high-quality video in any format to any device for businesses ranging from the Fortune 100 to SMBs, nonprofits and educational institutions to government agencies. Nearly half of the leading Content Delivery Networks in the world rely on Wowza to deliver engaging, high-quality video to the widest range of viewing devices on the market.
"In the streaming business, Wowza Media Server was a revolution in efficiency, simplicity and scalability, enabling businesses of all types and sizes to reliably stream any media to any device with unprecedented control," said David Stubenvoll, Wowza CEO and co-founder. "Now, we've taken everything you love about Wowza and made it better. Wowza Streaming Engine represents a new era in streaming with improved flexibility, performance, full MPEG-DASH support and enhanced live streaming technology to deliver the best possible viewing experience."
Video is increasingly important for businesses in every industry. While more than 90 percent of marketers use video as part of their campaigns, technical issues are a major hurdle for nearly one-fourth of companies looking to integrate video into their outreach efforts. Wowza Streaming Engine resolves those challenges with flexible streaming software for live and VOD that's compatible with virtually any streaming environment.
"Wowza Streaming Engine makes it easy to set up a video streaming server and to monitor and manage our streaming operation—including real-time server metrics like CPU, memory and disk usage—which saves us time and money," said Kenny Griffin with ResortCams.com, which uses Wowza to stream live webcams from dozens of locations in the U.S. and in Costa Rica. "The ability to access the Streaming Engine manager on a tablet or smartphone means I can even check in on the system when I'm away from the office."
Powerful Functionality Puts Companies in Control
With both on-premises and cloud-based deployment options, Wowza Streaming Engine includes a wide range of customization options, allowing users to tailor streaming workflows to suit their specific needs. With Wowza Streaming Engine, users can:
- Simplify delivery of any media to any device anywhere with a platform-agnostic, multi-format and multi-screen solution that transcodes any video input format into multiple formats automatically for reliable, high-quality delivery to any connected device.
- Enjoy superior flexibility and control with customizable components and APIs within the Wowza software, which also integrates seamlessly with other systems and third-party solutions, allowing businesses to leverage existing technology investments.
- Maximize audience reach and engagement by creating immersive viewing experiences with DVR-like features like pause, play and rewind on live streams, and the best possible quality playback on any device.
- Deliver live and on-demand streaming at any scale from standard hardware or the cloud with powerful multi-threaded software.
- Secure content, streams and networks with simultaneous, multi-level security options.
- Prepare for future streaming standards with full support for MPEG-DASH, the new format standard that promises to streamline and converge delivery of video to any device.
Simplifying the streaming workflow, the Wowza Streaming Engine Manager is a browser-based management portal that enables users to conveniently configure, monitor and measure streams and system resources in real time from any computer, tablet or mobile phone. With a consistent user experience across every browser, device and OS, and access to more real-time and historical metrics about server performance and content delivery and viewership, plus a fully integrated, multi-device test player, Wowza Streaming Engine Manager is a comprehensive, powerful and user-friendly dashboard for both new and advanced users.
To learn more about Wowza Media Systems and the new Wowza Streaming Engine, visit www.wowza.com.
About Wowza Media Systems
Wowza Media Systems, LLC (www.wowza.com) helps organizations harness the power of streaming by reducing the complexities of audio and video delivery to any device anywhere. Organizations in more than 150 countries count on innovative and award-winning Wowza software to build, deploy, and manage customized streaming solutions that deliver high-quality and engaging live and on-demand experiences. Wowza is privately held, with offices in Evergreen, Colorado, and Mountain View, California.
Wowza® and related marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wowza Media Systems LLC. Third-party product names and related marks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of such third parties.
SOURCE Wowza Media Systems, LLC