NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Recognized as the host hotel for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is all ready for another successful year of hosting canine hopefuls taking part in the 140th Annual Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show taking place on February 15th and 16th, 2016. The World's Most 'Pup-ular' Hotel continues to be the 'Top Dog' of hotels offering exclusive services and amenities.
The Groups, Junior Showmanship Finals and important Best In Show will be held at Madison Square Garden, directly across the street from Hotel Pennsylvania. Only the Breed judging and benching will take place at Piers 92/94. The Westminster Kennel Club has arranged exclusive shuttle buses to transport exhibitors, guests and spectators directly from Hotel Pennsylvania to Piers 92/94 throughout each day – visit www.hotelpenn.com for details.
"We are 'paws'-itively excited to be once again welcoming all Westminster VIP's (Very Important Pooches)," said Gene Nicotra, General Manager/All Dogs' Best Friend at New York's Hotel Pennsylvania. "Our 'paw'fect location, exclusive 'paw'menities, and exciting events are a treat for Westminster hopefuls and fans alike."
New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is the only hotel for Westminster competitors and they know it. From hosting 'pup'tual Westminster wedding ceremonies to the annual star-studded Pet Fashion Show, the 'Five-Paw' hotel always goes the extra mile. To prepare for this special event, the hotel is setting up a variety of exclusive onsite events and amenities to coincide with the Show exclusively for guests, including:
- The improved Room To Groom S'paw', the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York, which offers canines everything they need to get ready for the Show: bathing tubs, dog grooming area, exercise/fitness area, and an in-house relieving area.
- Direct shuttle bus service exclusively for Dog Show exhibitors and spectators from the Hotel to Piers 92/94 each day (courtesy of Westminster).
- The annual New York Pet Fashion Show event on Thursday, February 11 from 6 to 11pm.
- A welcome package and treats for Westminster guests.
- Exclusive Progressive Dog Club events this weekend.
- A live three-hour radio broadcast of Talkin' Pets with Jon Patch on Saturday, February 13 from 5 to 8pm.
- The 2016 Dog Writers Association of America Banquet on Sunday, February 14 from 8 to 4pm.
- Our exclusive on-site Doggie Concierge will be attending to all canine requirements (such as 'pup'arazzi interviews and hotel tours).
…and so much more! Visit www.hotelpenn.com for full details.
New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is offering unbeatable room rates and packages for Westminster guests. To stay at the host hotel where all the Westminster Dog Show action happens, contact 212-736-5000 (locally), 800-223-8585 (toll-free) or visit www.hotelpenn.com today.
Note to media contacts: For interviews and photo opportunities, please contact Jerry Grymek at 1-800-387-1399/416-440-2500, Cell: 416-918-2043, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westminster is the oldest, continuous sporting event in America, with the exception of the Kentucky Derby. The Dog Show is the most prestigious of National Dog Shows and has been held every year despite power shortages, hazardous weather conditions, economic depressions and World Wars.
About New York's Hotel Pennsylvania
Since 1919, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania has been host to millions of visitors to Manhattan, more than any other hotel in the world. The hotel is one of only two hotels in Manhattan to earn the prestigious ENERGY STAR award, which exemplifies superior energy performance and efficiency. With 1,700 rooms and over 24,000 square feet of function and adjacent exhibit space, the hotel's location on 7th Avenue at 33rd Street is conveniently located to the Midtown business district and within walking distance to many of Manhattan's famed tourist attractions, including Times Square, the Theater District and the Empire State Building. Directly across from Penn Station and with most major subway lines within one block makes getting to and around Manhattan exceptionally easy. Reservations can be made on-line at www.hotelpenn.com or by calling 212-736-5000 or toll-free at 800-223-8585. The World's Most Popular Hotel is a registered trademark of New York's Hotel Pennsylvania.
SOURCE New York's Hotel Pennsylvania