Newell Rubbermaid's Dymo/Mimio Brand Launches Enhanced Interactive Teaching Tools to Improve Student Learning
MimioClassroom™ technology helps teachers better engage students to improve classroom performance
ATLANTA, July 7, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Newell Rubbermaid (NYSE: NWL) today announced the launch of the MimioClassroom™ system, an integrated suite of interactive teaching tools and services for educators, from its Dymo®/Mimio® brand of interactive teaching technologies. The MimioClassroom solution is designed to promote more creative teaching and better student engagement by providing additional opportunities to interact during lessons.
Interactive whiteboard technology increases the attention, attitude and motivation of students and produces a cooperative community of learning in class, according to research conducted by Manchester University. Use of the technology was associated with gains in learning across multiple age groups and subjects, according to the research.
The MimioClassroom suite was developed based on in-depth observations, interviews and conversations with teachers, which helped identify an unmet need for innovative and affordable interactive teaching products that are easy to set up and use so educators can focus on what they do best: teaching.
"We see great opportunity for our enhanced Dymo/MimioClassroom solutions suite because the use of interactive teaching technologies is still relatively new and classroom penetration is low, but the benefits are clear," said David Klatt, President of Newell Rubbermaid's Technology global business unit. "Dymo/Mimio has a strong track record of investing in research, development and continuous innovation to meet educator needs in this growing category."
The MimioClassroom suite of easy-to-use tools includes:
- MimioTeach™ system, which transforms any dry erase whiteboard into a fully-interactive whiteboard to enable interactive learning, eliminating the need for more complicated or expensive equipment. It mounts magnetically to existing whiteboards, so it is easy to move to different classrooms or remove for safekeeping.
- MimioVote™ Student Assessment System, which provides instant assessment with a tool that is more intuitive and easier to use. Teachers can create teacher- or student-led tests with custom or standardized state assessment content and get results immediately. The rechargeable handheld devices use an illuminated response feature which lights only the appropriate buttons for each question, reducing test errors and increasing assessment accuracy. Results are automatically downloaded to the MimioStudio Gradebook for review, modification and downloading to spreadsheets.
- MimioView™ Document Camera, one of the most integrated and easy to use document cameras on the market, allowing users to instantly capture pictures and live video. Fully integrated with MimioStudio software, the camera works seamlessly with all MimioClassroom products.
- MimioCapture™ Ink Recording System, a best-in-class system that enables real-time capture of dry erase whiteboard notes and drawings
- MimioPad™ Wireless Tablet, a slim and light wireless tablet that allows teachers and students to collaborate and interact with a MimioTeach-enabled whiteboard from up to 30 feet away.
- MimioStudio™ 7 Software, integrates the MimioTeach, MimioVote, MimioView, and MimioCapture systems and MimioPad tablet and enables educators to capture, create and present engaging classroom content with images, multimedia files and more that can be integrated into lesson plans as well as student assessments. It includes an easy-to-use Mimio Gallery that provides teachers fast access to ready-to-use lesson plans, images, objects and content.
For more information about Dymo/Mimio interactive teaching technologies, visit www.mimio.dymo.com or follow the brand on Facebook and Twitter @mimiotechnology. Teachers can download lesson plans and connect with other educators at www.mimioconnect.com.
About Newell Rubbermaid
Newell Rubbermaid Inc., an S&P 500 company, is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products with 2009 sales of approximately $5.6 billion and a strong portfolio of brands, including Rubbermaid®, Sharpie®, Graco®, Calphalon®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Levolor®, Paper Mate®, Dymo®, Waterman®, Parker®, Goody®, Technical Concepts™ and Aprica®.
This press release and additional information about Newell Rubbermaid are available on the company's Web site, www.newellrubbermaid.com.
SOURCE Newell Rubbermaid
More by this Source
Newell Rubbermaid Opening State-of-the-Art Design Center
Mar 28, 2013, 07:55 ET
Newell Rubbermaid Launches New Hilmor Tool Brand
Jan 29, 2013, 07:55 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.