CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., March 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Higher education company TargetX has introduced the latest version of its CRM tool for college admissions. The Spring '12 release of new features and functions makes the Student Recruitment Manager® more flexible and powerful, according to CEO Brian Wm. Niles.
"The SRM has emerged as the clear choice for schools looking to recruit more efficiently and effectively," Niles said. "This latest release provides even more capabilities -- in such areas as reporting, travel management, email broadcasting, workflows, telemarketing and social engagement."
The Recruitment Manager already provides integration with the social networks that students use most, giving colleges the ability to combine personal data about their prospects with the conversations that are taking place on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Now, admissions officers will also be able to engage students via YouTube, and they will have the ability to track the social profiles of schools as well as students.
Many of the enhancements to the SRM® coincide with the latest release of the world's leading CRM platform from Salesforce.com. The SRM is built on the Force.com platform, which means TargetX can pass along to clients any of the improvements that Salesforce makes to its cloud-based CRM system.
"This is a great example of the benefits of our connection with Salesforce," said Niles. "We're delivering an environment that provides automatic upgrades to our clients whether the developments come from us or from Salesforce."
This latest group of enhancements from Salesforce -- called the Spring '12 release -- reflects a continuing emphasis on social engagement. The company is pioneering the shift to what it calls the "social enterprise," which encourages organizations to embrace the social web and use it to connect with customers and prospects.
While TargetX sees this release of enhancements further increasing its leadership in social CRM, the list of new developments for its Recruitment Manager goes beyond social engagement. Included in the new version are:
- "Live Agent," which enables the admissions staff to chat with students and parents in a customized console, on demand, right from the college's website. That conversation can then be saved within the student's record.
- A new Form Assembly tool that makes it simple for schools to create their own drag-and-drop inquiry forms, "quick apps," event registration forms and other online forms -- all integrated with the CRM system.
- An online application that provides more flexibility regarding whether application payments are allowed and required.
- A new parent communication feature that gives colleges the choice of sending email broadcasts to students, parents -- or both -- with the simple click of a checkbox.
- The ability to create and track recruitment travel activities like college fairs, high school visits and corporate events.
- A built-in, internal social network -- called Chatter -- that keeps staff members in contact with each other and on top of all relevant information, even when they're on the road.
Among the strengths of the SRM are its built-in electronic communication tools, including the leading email broadcasting and online chat tools in higher education, and a fully-integrated event management tool.
To learn more about the newest version of the SRM, visit: www.targetx.com/spring12
TargetX is a unique higher education company that offers both technology tools and consulting services designed to help colleges recruit today's more sophisticated, web-savvy students.
Founded in 1998 on the belief that colleges need to change the way they communicate with prospects and their families, TargetX has been a forward-thinking leader in managing change in higher education and embracing the concept of the experience in higher ed marketing. More recently, TargetX launched an Education & Training Center (ETC) where admissions professionals can collaborate and brainstorm with colleagues and thought leaders through coursework and office retreats.
For more information, visit www.targetx.com
With more than 100,000 customers, Salesforce.com is the world's leading cloud computing company and is pioneering the shift to the "social enterprise." TargetX chose to build its Student Recruitment Manager on the world-famous Force.com platform, which powers the Salesforce CRM tool.
One of the many advantages of the Force.com platform for users of the SRM is the ability to take advantage of enhancements developed by Salesforce as well as TargetX -- part of the appeal of a cloud-based solution. In addition, SRM users can add to the capabilities of their TargetX system through more than a thousand add-on products that address the specific needs of their office or staff -- including telemarketing, on-demand printing or deeper data analysis.
To learn more, visit www.salesforce.com