COSTA MESA, Calif., Sept. 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- NADAguides, the leading provider of vehicle pricing and information, announces the all-new 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE as the Car of the Month for September – offering consumers a completely redesigned hybrid vehicle with class-leading upgrades at a price lower than the 2011 model.
- The Toyota Camry has been the best-selling vehicle in the country for the past nine years and the analysts at NADAguides feel this reign will continue with the help of the all-new 2012 model. With a newly redesigned interior, improvements in handling and performance, and class-leading safety, the 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE has been awarded the NADAguides Car of the Month for September. The analysts also noted improved fuel economy, lower price and Entune™, Toyota's new multimedia system, as differentiating factors that set the Camry apart from the competition.
- NADAguides analysts took notice of the large growth in consumer interest for the 2011 model year Camry when it grew by 67 percent from February to March 2011 . The consumer interest growth continued from March through July for the 2011 Toyota Camry on NADAguides.com increasing month-over-month by nearly 10 percent. The recent non-conventional reveal of the 2012 Toyota Camry was followed by tremendous industry buzz and, after the analysts at NADAguides were able to experience first-hand the tremendous changes to the vehicle, it was unanimous that the 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE be named the NADAguides Car of the Month for September.
- The 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE has a starting MSRP of $27,400, while the Hybrid LE has a starting MSRP of $25,900. For non-hybrid models, the Camry L has a starting MSRP of $21,955, while the Camry XLE V6 model will start at $29,845.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: "From the moment you sit inside the all-new 2012 Camry it is clear to see that Toyota rethought every detail of the interior – ensuring it was comfortable, instinctive for the driver to navigate and overall appealing in design. While behind the wheel of the 2012 Camry XLE Hybrid I had to actually remind myself that it was a hybrid – the usual motor change and braking feel that comes with hybrid models disappears in the 2012 model. This is definitely a vehicle that hybrid consumers need to drive."
- Bob Carter, Toyota Division general manager and group vice president: "We're thrilled that just two weeks after publicly introducing the all new, reinvented 2012 Camry, it has already earned NADAguides' Car of the Month award. The new Camry is the most technologically advanced Toyota ever made, and delivers best-in-class connectivity, driving dynamics, safety features, fuel economy and refinement. It's our best Camry ever."
2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE Highlights
- Engine: The 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE comes standard with a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that achieves an estimated 43 mpg city, 39 mpg highway and 41 mpg combined – more than a 30 percent increase in fuel efficiency from the 2011 model. NADAguides analysts noticed that the transition from electric motor to gas engine was seamless thanks to Toyota's updated Hybrid Synergy Drive system, which produces a combined 200 horsepower. This hybrid is no slug, either – achieving a 0-60 mph time of just 7.6 seconds. The 2012 Camry Hybrid also meets Advanced Technology Partial-credit Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-PZEV) standards. For short drives up to 1.6 miles, a new EV mode allows the Camry Hybrid to be driven on the electric motor alone.
- Interior: The 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE has a completely redesigned dashboard, modified seat locations, and redesigned seats that help make the Camry more comfortable, spacious and provide greater visibility. The Ultrasuede® heated seats with variable temperature control offer a plush experience for the driver and passengers. A leather-wrapped, four-spoke steering wheel with integrated audio and Bluetooth® add luxury and convenience. Trunk space, which is often limited in many hybrid models, is actually 2.1 cubic feet larger in the 2012 model than in the previous generation Camry Hybrid. Additionally, all of the models now feature a 60/40 split folding rear seatback that expands cargo capacity even further.
- Technology: All 2012 Toyota Camry models feature a Bluetooth wireless connection with an available automatic phone book transfer function. Also standard in all 2012 Camry models is a USB port with full iPod integration. The 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE comes standard with a seven-inch screen with integrated back-up camera, navigation system, and Toyota's new Entune™ multimedia system. Entune leverages the driver's smartphone to provide fully integrated navigation, entertainment and information services. Apps currently include Bing, OpenTable, movietickets.com, iHeartRadio and Pandora. Toyota Entune provides a best-in-class, advanced conversational voice recognition system that does not require specific voice commands. Instead, it is able to understand normal conversational requests – noted by the analysts at NADAguides as extremely intuitive, making it easier to use than the competitive models. The new JBL GreenEdge® audio system combines an eight-channel amplifier and door-mounted "acoustic lens" speakers.
- Safety: The 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE is equipped with 10 standard airbags including dual-stage advanced SRS front airbags, front and rear seat-mounted side airbags, side curtain airbags and a driver's and front passenger's knee airbag. Like all Toyota models, the 2012 Camry features Toyota's Star Safety System™ which includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. Also available for the 2012 Camry is Toyota's Safety Connect, which includes automatic collision notification, stolen vehicle locater and the ability to access a live operator in the event of an emergency. The new Blind Spot Monitor will detect a vehicle in the driver's blind spot when the turn signal is operated.
- Price/Warranty: MSRP for the 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE starts at $27,400, while the Hybrid LE has a starting MSRP of $25,900. For non-hybrid models, the Camry L has a starting MSRP of $21,955, while the Camry XLE V6 model will start at $29,845. The Camry comes with a 36-month/36,000 mile basic new-vehicle warranty along with a 60-month/60,000 mile powertrain. The hybrid-related components including the HV battery, battery control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter are covered for eight years/100,000 miles. The Camry also comes standard with Toyota Care, a complimentary plan covering normal factory-scheduled maintenance and 24-hour roadside assistance for two years or 25,000 miles.
About NADAguides Car of the Month Award
The NADAguides Car of the Month award provides consumers with practical information on new cars, trucks and SUVs chosen by the analysts at NADAguides for exceptional performance, efficiency, features, options and appeal. Criteria used to determine the Car of the Month includes: quality of engineering, fuel efficiency, safety equipment and ratings, pricing and overall value, sales trends, consumer market interest on NADAguides.com, and test drives performed by NADAguides market analysts. Car of the Month vehicles are eligible for the NADAguides Car of the Year award.
NADAguides (www.nadaguides.com) is the largest publisher of vehicle pricing and information for new and used cars, classic cars, motorcycles, boats, RVs, and manufactured homes. NADAguides offers in-depth shopping and research tools in addition to the most market-reflective pricing available. The company also produces software, mobile applications, raw data, web services, web-syndicated products and print guidebooks.