SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Ahead of Mobile World Congress, News Republic, the world's largest news provider with 1,650 licensed publishing partners globally, today announced it has been selected by Acer Inc. to deliver real-time news on all Acer smartphones across 60 countries worldwide. Easily accessed via Acer's innovative Left Page offering, News Republic is now shipping on Acer's new Liquid Z and Liquid X line of smartphones, and will be phased into all new handsets this year.
Winner of the "Best Mobile Media Publishing App" at Mobile World Congress last year, News Republic will be preloaded on Acer smartphones to provide users a highly personalized news experience. Users will be able to pick the news they care about across more than one million topics and in 37 languages. With deep algorithmic intelligence that increasingly learns the more a user reads, it pushes the most relevant news to each reader.
"Acer is focused on providing the most consumer-friendly user interface and experience with our smartphones," said ST Liew, president of Smart Devices Business Group at Acer, "and News Republic fits right into this strategy with its highly intuitive and personalized access to global news."
News Republic provides a differentiated experience that is:
- Visual: Users can discover and digest the latest news on their favorite topics in a highly visual format.
- Smart, relevant and truly personal: News Republic's smart algorithm learns what users like and intuitively personalizes news experiences.
- Complete: More than 50,000 articles, 40,000 photos and 1,500 videos from trusted sources are curated every day – there are no shortened RSS feeds.
- In-depth: Readers can explore related topics via Tag Nav™, an innovative news navigation system that gives users access to topic-driven content from partners including The Associated Press, Reuters, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Bloomberg and TechCrunch.
- Fast and Fluid: Its clean, intuitive interface routinely wins kudos from users, press and industry organizations.
"We are proud to have News Republic integrated and preloaded on Acer's innovative smartphones, as it is a win for both companies and our customers," said News Republic CEO Gilles Raymond. "Making news easily available in 37 languages to the millions of Acer users worldwide will provide more empowerment and engagement. We know that those who read better, know better – and ultimately, we hope, do better."
To begin enjoying News Republic, Acer smartphone users can simply open Left Page and select News Republic along with their topics of interest. From there, they can immediately begin enjoying the News Republic experience.
About News Republic
News Republic is the world's largest news provider with 1,650 licensed publishing partners globally, including AFP, Al Jazeera, Associated Press, BBC, Bloomberg, CNN, The Guardian, The Huffington Post, India Today, The Jerusalem Post, Reuters and Russia Times. Through its award-winning News Republic and Appy Geek apps, its millions of readers all over the world have access to more than 50,000 stories, 40,000 photographs and 1,500 videos a day – from 53 countries and in 37 languages – in a highly discoverable and customized news flow for a wide perspective on the world. News Republic was awarded Best Mobile Media Publishing App at Mobile World Congress 2015 and is available on iOS and Android wearables, smartphones and tablets. For more information, please visit http://www.news-republic.com/ and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
SOURCE News Republic