NEW YORK, Jan. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP NEWSBYTE -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) is making a big splash at the NRF 102nd Annual Convention & EXPO, being held January 13-16 in New York City. Booth 1407 at "Retail's Big Show" is the center of attention as SAP showcases "Retail Without Boundaries," including solutions from the SAP® for Retail portfolio that help transform business operations through unified and simplified processes.
Customer News and Demos: In addition to dozens of retailer-led customer sessions in the "SAP Retail theater" on-site at the event, Crocs, Societe de transport de Montreal (STM) and other customers will have designated showcase sections in the SAP booth. These featured customers will demonstrate how they use SAP solutions to improve business efficiencies, merchandising and marketing, engage with consumers and drive sales. For example, STM will announce a unique consumer mobile solution for transit riders that will provide relevant information and offers from more than 240 retailers and business partners within the Montreal area. Crocs will show how it is transforming its brand and driving aggressive business growth through the use of integrated industry-specific SAP software for apparel and footwear companies, including analytics, supply chain and database software.
NRF Kick-off Keynote: As one of the world's most iconic brands, The Coca-Cola Company intimately understands consumer sentiment and how to influence decisions to buy, employing a combination of game-changing marketing savvy and retailer collaboration. Lori Mitchell-Keller, head of Global Retail Business Unit at SAP will introduce a panel to discuss creating relevant passion points with consumers, driving brand loyalty and product growth. Speakers will include Melvin Landis, chief retail sales officer, Coca-Cola Refreshments, The Coca-Cola Company, and Alison Lewis, senior vice president, Marketing, North America, The Coca-Cola Company The panel will take place Sunday, January 13, at 10:15 a.m. EST, in the North Hall at the Javits Convention Center.
Throughout the event, SAP will showcase leading retail solutions, including:
- SAP® mobile apps drive offers to consumer mobile devices through loyalty and promotions and empower store associates and managers with access to data.
- The SAP® POS Data Management application helps retailers upload and analyze point-of-sale (POS) data with speed and precision. By leveraging the power of the SAP HANA® database for in-memory analytics, retailers can gain critical insight into customer buying patterns and behavior to support strategic and operational decisions.
- The SAP® Precision Retailing solution empowers companies to influence consumer behavior at the moment of decision. The solution delivers personalized offers and suggestions in real time to consumers across multiple channels, including mobile devices, in-store kiosks and websites.
- The SAP® Retail Merchandise Planning application drives improved merchandise planning processes using real-time demand-driven forecasting, common data and key performance metrics. The application produces detailed sales projections to define corporate budgets three to five years in advance, allowing retailers to better guard against overstock and shortage scenarios. Simulation of budgeting and big-data forecasting scenarios are performed in real time using SAP HANA.
- The SAP® Retail Promotions application helps retailers plan promotions, forecast performance and create a closed-loop promotions process by integrating with execution systems. The application allows organizations to personalize offers for customers through multiple sales channels, improve service levels and work effectively with supply chain partners. High-volume personalized offers and demand forecasting scenarios are supported using SAP HANA.
Media Contacts: Birgit Dolny, SAP, +49 (6227) 7-61664, firstname.lastname@example.org, CET Crystal Lu, SAP, +1 (650) 455-0755, email@example.com, PST Amy Fisher, Padilla Speer Beardsley, +1 (612) 455-1773, firstname.lastname@example.org, CST
SOURCE SAP AG