SAN FRANCISCO, March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech, which serves design engineers and the electronics industry with essential business and technical information, today announced the next-generation products and technologies that will be on display at DESIGN West, the annual technical conference and expo for electronics design engineers, entrepreneurs, and technology professionals who create products with electronic content. DESIGN West is Silicon Valley's who's who event for software, hardware, product and systems design, with world-renowned technologists speaking and attending. The event takes place April 22-25, 2013 at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, CA.
"The four-day DESIGN West event, launched last year, builds upon the solid foundation of engineering education pioneered by the Embedded Systems Conference by extending our training and education to include the entire design cycle—from concept development through to manufacturing," said Karen Field, Senior Vice President Content, Electronics, UBM Tech. "Here, engineers who design electronics systems can take a deep dive into embedded topics taught by experts, gain a wider perspective on design through case studies presented by engineers in the trenches, get some serious hands-on time with new development boards and tools, and see the newest and most innovative products on display."
Exhibitors will showcase hot products and new technologies at DESIGN West. Several include:
- Microchip Technology (Booth #1116) will debut three demonstrations of its most innovative recent products. Experience how GestIC® technology—featuring the world's first electric-field-based 3D gesture controller—can enable the next dimension in intuitive, gesture-based, non-contact user interfaces. See BodyCom™ technology use the human body as a secure and low-power communication channel, another industry first. And, learn how Microchip's MCP19111—the world's first analog-based power management controller with an integrated MCU—can improve power-conversion designs by combining the flexibility of a digital solution with the speed, performance and resolution of an analog-based controller.
- Newark element 14, a leading electronics distributor and engineering community, will be hosting several exciting sessions each day called "Beagles and Boards & Raspberry Pi, Oh My," providing insights into today's hottest open source hardware and software. Gert Van Loo, one of the engineers who developed the Raspberry Pi mini-computer will be offering four hands-on instruction sessions, demonstrating how his Gertboard enables the Pi to convert analog signals to digital and back again with free Gertboards provided to registered participants courtesy of Newark element14. Plus, moderator extraordinaire Ben Heck, will be filming his weekly online show on the conference floor. You can catch him and register to win your own Raspberry Pi at Newark element14 Booth 2439.
- Texas Instruments is excited about the next-gen BeagleBone. Engineers love the Beagle platform. Check out booth 1607 for exciting announcements from the team regarding their lovable and fun board.
- IBM (Booth #1529) will showcase its Rational Solution for Systems and Software Engineering, which provides integrated tools and practices for Agile systems and software delivery. From collaborative planning and workflow management to requirements management, architecture and design, quality management, testing, and configuration management, the solution features an open and extensible portfolio of capabilities to help companies manage the complexity of product and systems development.
- Renesas Electronics America (Booth #1507) will showcase its latest products in the popular RL78 and RX families of microcontrollers. Renesas will demo its advanced solutions for a Smart Society, including a WiFi-enabled Thermostat, a low-power display kit, and motor control solutions.
- BPM Microsystems will exhibit its award-winning 2800ISP parallel in-system device programmer in Booth #2134. The new 2800ISP incorporates the company's 8th Generation site technology utilizing its Vector Engine Co-Processor® into a custom-designed test fixture, allowing its customers to program flash architectures including eMMC, PCM and Raw NAND, plus MCUs and other device technologies on-board after reflow.
Leading technologists speaking at DESIGN West include:
- Christine Brumback, Director of Product Management, Fitbit
- Charlie Miller, Product Security, Twitter
- Gert Van Loo, Senior Principal Engineer, Broadcom
- Jen Costillo, Founder, Rebel Bot
- Luke Dubord, Avionics Systems Engineer, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Hugh Herr, Biomechatronics Director at the MIT Lab, MIT
- Dan Saks, President, Saks and Associates / Embedded System Design
- Matthew Torgerson, Architect Manager, Intel Corp
- Joe Grand, Principal Electrical Engineer, Grand Idea Studio, Inc.
- Jack Ganssle, Consultant, The Ganssle Group
- Josh Bailey, Software Engineer, Google
DESIGN West sponsors to date include platinum sponsor Microchip and Gold Sponsors AMD, Intel and Rohde & Schwarz, Silver Sponsors Texas Instruments, Mouser Electronics, and Newark element 14.
View the full DESIGN West Exhibitor List.
DESIGN West media registration is now open at https://designwest.reg.ubmelectronics.com/2013/registrations/Media?cid=PR3
For more information on DESIGN West sponsorships, contact Will Wise at email@example.com or 415.947.6252.
About DESIGN (www.ubmdesign.com)
Held in key strategic technology development locations worldwide, UBM Tech's DESIGN events are the global electronics industry's leading gatherings. With cutting edge product demonstrations, visionary speeches and hundreds of essential technical training classes and accreditation opportunities, DESIGN is the ideal venue for the electronics engineering community to learn, collaborate and recognize excellence. UBM Tech's DESIGN events cater to the extremely technical, higher-learning needs of the world's top engineers while providing an unprecedented forum for the examination of the industry's pressing business challenges. In addition, DESIGN West celebrates decades of unique local electronics industry culture, innovation and Silicon Valley's significant contributions to the global technology industry.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market— engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information, go to www.ubm.com; follow us at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM news.
For more information on UBM Tech's DESIGN West 2013 please contact:
Linda Uslaner, Marketing Director
T: 516.562.5843, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Topic Expert(s): For information on the listed expert(s), click appropriate link.
ProfNet - https://profnet.prnewswire.com/Subscriber/ExpertProfile.aspx?ei=109768
SOURCE UBM Tech