NEW YORK, May 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Visiongain has established that three of the ten most promising emerging energy storage technologies will reach full commercialisation by 2020. In addition to analysing the drivers and restraints of the emerging EST market, the report provides a detailed analysis of performance, advantages and disadvantages and outlook for every technology considered: Innovative PHS, adiabatic compressed air energy storage, liquid air energy storage, large-scale hydrogen storage systems and hydrogen fuel cells, superconducting magnetic energy storage, lithium-air batteries, lithium-sulphur batteries, magnesium-ion batteries and zinc-air batteries. In addition to a detailed study of each key emerging EST, the report also offers insight into how the performance and outlook of emerging technologies compares to the main commercially mature technologies and what the conditions for the development of emerging technologies are like in the key regional market spaces.
The report is essential reading for stakeholders or anyone interested in the changing dynamics of power networks and the energy storage market. Do not miss an opportunity to get a one-stop review of all emerging EST technologies. Purchasing this report today will help you to recognise important market opportunities and understand the possibilities there.
The report will answer questions such as:
- How is the EST market evolving?
- What are the key next-generation energy storage technologies?
- What are the main applications of energy storage technologies? How do the next generation ESTs fit into the market?
- At what stage of development are the key next-generation technologies? Are there any planned, existing or successful demonstration and pilot projects?
- What key challenges do next-generation energy storage technologies have to overcome to become fully commercially viable? Is their development and commercialisation dependant on cost reductions or technological breakthroughs?
- What is the outlook for key emerging energy storage technologies?
- How do the performance characteristics of next-generation ESTs differ from those of established technologies?
- Which companies, organisations and actors are involved with next-generation energy storage technologies?
- What is driving and restraining the development and commercialisation of next-generation energy storage technologies?
- Which market spaces are the most active in the development of next-generation energy storage technologies? How do the conditions for the development and deployment of energy storage technologies differ in key regional markets?
How will you benefit from this report?
- This report you will keep your knowledge base up to speed. Don't get left behind.
- This report will allow you to reinforce strategic decision-making based upon definitive and reliable market data.
- You will learn how to exploit new technological trends.
- You will be able to realise your company's full potential within the market.
- You will better understand the competitive landscape and identify potential new business opportunities and partnerships.
Five reasons why you must order and read this report today:
1) The report provides a detailed analysis of ten of the most promising emerging energy storage technologies, including information on performance characteristics, key advantages and limitations, intended applications, potential competitors, current uptake and location of demonstration plants and technology developers:
- Innovative pumped hydro storage (PHS)
- Adiabatic and isothermal compressed air energy storage (AA-CAES)
- Liquid air energy storage (LAES)
- Large-scale hydrogen energy storage and hydrogen fuel cells
- Superconducting magnetic energy storage (SMES)
- Lithium-air batteries
- Lithium-sulphur batteries
- Magnesium-ion batteries
- Zinc-air batteries
Description: Next Generation Energy Storage Technologies (EST) Market Prospects 2016: Analysis of Technology Maturity, Performance & Commercialisation of Mechanical (Innovative PHS, AA-CAES, Isothermal CAES & LAES), Chemical (Hydrogen Storage & Fuel Cells), Electrical (SMES) & Electrochemical (Lithium-Air, Lithium-Sulphur, Magnesium-Ion & Zinc-Air Batteries)
2) The report analyses the outlook for each of the emerging technologies, providing information on expected progression to commercialisation and expected deployment, by focusing on:
- Stage of development and current uptake for early commercial technologies, or existing and planned pilot and demonstration plants
- Performance characteristics
- The ability of each technology to use existing supply chains
- The maturity and safety of the components used by each technology
- Technological limitations, and factors affecting commercial viability
- Any potential associated requirements (e.g. infrastructure)
- The availability of RD&D funding and government support
- The intended applications of the technology and competition from other established and emerging ESTs
3) The report also includes a chapter dedicated to a detailed comparative assessment of emerging and established energy storage technologies, focusing on their:
- Performance characteristics (capacity, round-trip efficiency, lifecycle)
- The maturity and limitations to further development or commercialisation
- Suitability for different types of applications
4) The analysis is underpinned by exclusive interviews with leading experts and technology developers, providing unique insight into the technology development process, planned demonstration plants and expected commercialisation dates:
- Gareth Brett from Highview Power
- Paul DiRenzo, Jr. from Peak Hour Power
- Philippe Bouchard from EoS Energy Storage
- Giw Zanganeh from Airlight Energy
5) The report concludes with an analysis of the leading regional market spaces involved in the development and deployment of emerging energy storage technologies
- North America
This independent, 209 page report offers you a unique opportunity to receive a one-stop review of all key emerging energy storage technologies, their capacity, round-trip efficiency, lifecycle, maturity and prospects. With 131 tables and figures examining the emerging EST market space, the report gives you a comprehensive overview of the prospects for emerging technologies PLUS information on key demonstration and pilot projects and expected commercialisation dates. Do not miss an opportunity to gain a comprehensive understanding of all key emerging energy storage technologies, and their comparison to existing energy storage technologies.
Who should read this report?
- Anyone within the energy storage technologies value chain
- Energy storage technology developers
- Venture capital firms and angel investors interested in energy storage
- Business development managers
- Marketing managers
- Government agencies
- Transmission and distribution system operators
- Electricity sector utilities
- Operators and owners of CSP plants
Don't miss out
This report is essential reading for you or anyone in the power or energy storage sectors with an interest in energy storage technologies. Purchasing this report today will help you to recognise important market opportunities and understand the possibilities there.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03816953-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/next-generation-energy-storage-technologies-est-market-prospects-2016-analysis-of-technology-maturity-performance--commercialisation-of-mechanical-chemical-electrical--electrochemical-300265481.html