NEW YORK, March 30, 2016 PRNewswire/ -- The Promise of New Drug Classes & MOAs
As the number of patients diagnosed with diabetes continues to climb worldwide, drug developers and researchers are attempting for find more effective ways to control glucose levels, particularly for Type 2 diabetics. These efforts have led to a growing list of GLP-1 agonists and DPP-4 inhibitors that have been approved or are in late stage clinical development. New medicines based on novel therapeutic moieties and potentially unique benefits are attracting attention and research investment. The result is an evolving therapeutic landscape that is providing clinicians and patients with new ways to manage their diabetes. For market participants, product positioning and prescriber training will become increasingly important as competitive threats remain fluid.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumer-compatible form of packaging and application.
What You Will Learn
- What therapeutic drugs are currently marketed for glycemic control, how are they administered, who markets them, and what is the size of the global market?
- What are the important factors in patient self-administration of glycemic drugs, what are the current prescribing trends, and what are the key factors influencing demand?
- What are the regional factors affecting market size and demand?
- What are the new classes of drugs that are entering the market for treating diabetes, what is their market share and what are their growth prospects?
- What drugs are expected to enter the market in the next five years, and what will be their probable impact on the overall market?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for glycemic control therapeutics?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03326171-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/next-generation-glycemic-control-therapeutics-300243747.html