NI Adds PXI Programmable Resistor Modules to Embedded Software Validation and Hardware-in-the-Loop Platforms
- Four new PXI and PXI Express programmable resistor modules extend the NI hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) platform to meet custom requirements in a variety of HIL testing applications for embedded software validation.
- Included example programs and reference VIs help engineers easily create custom NI LabVIEW applications and NI VeriStand plug-ins to meet their requirements.
AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today announced a new family of PXI and PXI Express programmable resistor modules that replicate the behavior of resistance-based devices such as potentiometers, resistance temperature detectors (RTDs) and resistive loads. The modules include a range of five to 18 channels, so engineers can choose the best module that scales to meet requirements for applications ranging from single unit validation of an automotive engine control unit to system integration testing for an entire network of airplane control systems.
"The new PXI programmable resistor modules add to our broad offering of hardware and software for hardware-in-the-loop testing," said Ian Fountain , director of HIL and real-time test for NI. "NI continues to add unique value for engineers solving rapidly changing embedded software validation problems with easy-to-use, commercially available tools based on our graphical system design approach."
- Control flexibility in LabVIEW and NI VeriStand software gives engineers the option to configure each channel as a potentiometer, resistive load or custom RTD
- Two 8-bit modules (NI PXI-2720 and NI PXIe-2725) with up to 18 channels can create resistances up to 255 Ω in 1 Ω steps
- Two 16-bit modules (NI PXI-2722 and NI PXIe-2727) with up to nine channels can create resistances up to 16 kΩ in 0.25 Ω steps
- Built-in digital multimeter (DMM) port for easy connectivity and path verification
Readers can learn more with these resources:
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI, NI VeriStand and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Julia Betts , (512) 683-8165
SOURCE National Instruments
More by this Source
Optimize Automated Test Systems With NI PXI Programmable Power Supplies
May 20, 2013, 13:15 ET
NI FlexRIO Adapter Module Family Grows to More Than 20 Members
May 07, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.