NI and JSOL Help Electric Motor Engineers Save Time, Money With HIL Modeling
- The JMAG-RT add-on for NI VeriStand real-time test software is the result of NI's collaboration with JSOL, a leading electric motor modeling provider.
- The add-on makes it possible for automotive engineers to perform high-fidelity, real-time simulations of electric motor prototypes without testing costly physical motors.
- It is ideal for helping automotive manufacturers developing electric and hybrid motors and engine control units (ECUs) to get their products to market more quickly and with less cost.
AUSTIN, Texas, May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today introduced the JMAG-RT add-on for NI VeriStand, which gives engineers the same fidelity provided by proven JMAG models, but in real-time for hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing of electric motors. To reduce spending on field-testing physical motors, engineers can use NI VeriStand with the JMAG-RT add-on in the lab to easily create stimulus profiles and perform data logging and automated HIL testing with real-time electric motor simulation.
"When engineers use the JMAG-RT add-on for NI VeriStand, which combines NI VeriStand software and NI RIO hardware with our JMAG-RT modeling, they get the world's most advanced platform for real-time electric motor simulation," said Dr. Takashi Yamada, manager of electromagnetic engineering at JSOL. "The system helps expand engineers' test coverage while saving time and money because they now can perform ECU testing without risking damage to expensive prototype motors."
- Xilinx FPGA-based hardware/software integration delivers high-fidelity simulations with approximately 1 microsecond step times to increase measurement speed and accuracy.
- JMAG finite element analysis (FEA) electric motor models from JSOL integrate with NI VeriStand and NI reconfigurable I/O (RIO) hardware.
- NI's complete HIL systems can be configured for most real-time motor or ECU test scenarios.
Readers can learn more about the JMAG-RT add-on for NI VeriStand at www.ni.com/emsim.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
National Instruments, NI, ni.com and NI VeriStand are trademarks of National Instruments. Other products or company names are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.
Editor Contact: Sarah Beck, (512) 683-5126
Reader Contact: Ernest Martinez, (800) 258-7022
SOURCE National Instruments
More by this Source
NI Redefines the SMU with Industry-Leading Speed, Density and Flexibility
Feb 25, 2014, 10:00 ET
National Instruments Announces Licensing Agreement With Broadcom
Feb 05, 2014, 12:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.