Nikon Releases Two New Cameras. COOLPIX A and COOLPIX L320
DUBAI, UAE, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Nikon today released two new compact cameras, adding to its fast-growing list of products under the COOLPIX camera range.
The COOLPIX A, is the first COOLPIX compact digital camera equipped with a DX-format CMOS sensor. This means it packs the superior rendering capabilities of a digital SLR camera with the portability of a compact digital camera. The camera's adoption of a seven-blade iris diaphragm further allows users to enjoy beautiful and natural blur characteristics. Various types of aberrations are effectively reduced, demonstrating superior rendering performance throughout the entire frame at all aperture settings. Moreover, the practical wide-angle lens is designed with optics that maximizes the performance while making sure the camera remains compact and portable.
The COOLPIX L320 is an easy-to-use digital compact camera with 16.1 effective megapixels and an ultra-high power 26x optical zoom. Despite being one of the smallest cameras in its class, the L320 doesn't compromise on features. It offers a 26x optical zoom that covers a wide-angle of 22.5mm to super-telephoto shooting at 585mm (35mm format equivalent). Equipped with 16.1 effective megapixels and a high performance lens-shift Vibration Reduction (VR), the camera produces clear, sharp images in each shot. It also incorporates an Easy Auto Mode for a simple and enjoyable shooting experience.
COOLPIX APrimary Features
- The new wide-angle 18.5mm, f/2.8 (equivalent to a 28mm angle of view in 35mm  format) fixed focal length NIKKOR lens is designed exclusively for the COOLPIX A
- Equipped with a DX-format CMOS sensor and the EXPEED 2 image-processing engine
- An elegant, metal-feel design for a strong, durable body
- A focus ring for operation that feels like that of a digital SLR camera, and an operation and monitor display that make it an excellent back-up for a digital SLR camera
- Full-HD movie recording function
- Support for a variety of new, dedicated accessories, as well as digital SLR camera system accessories, for complete system expansion
- High-speed continuous shooting at approximately 4fps
- Normal and Keep warm lighting colours auto white balance options
COOLPIX L320Primary Features
- A 26x optical zoom NIKKOR lens to capture a variety of shooting scenarios
- The high-pixel count CCD image sensor and 16.1 effective megapixels ensure high image quality
- Various easy-to-use shooting functions for all scenarios
- The approx. 230k-dot, 7.5 cm/3-in. TFT LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating offers superb visibility
- AA-size batteries are compatible for reliable use
About Nikon: The multinational Nikon Corporation - headquartered in Tokyo, Japan - has been specialized in optics and imaging since its inception establishment in 1917. Since then, the company has led the optical industry through numerous accolades and achievements; carving a name for itself as a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology.
As such, Nikon Middle East FZE (NMEF) is involved in a broad spectrum of businesses centered on imaging products. NMEF markets and distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Nikon 1 and COOLPIX digital cameras to the Middle East, Turkey and Africa.
Globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance; the unique strength of the Nikon brand is attributable to the company's unwavering commitment to quality, performance, technology and innovation.
SOURCE Nikon Corporation
More by this Source
Nikon receives 4 TIPA Awards 2013
May 16, 2013, 05:31 ET
Nikon Releases the New DX-format D7100 Digital SLR Camera
Feb 21, 2013, 06:06 ET
Five Nikon Digital Cameras Receive the "red dot award: product design 2013"
Apr 15, 2013, 06:33 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.