NimbleTV Launches in NYC: True "TV Everywhere" Finally Arrives in Metropolitan Region Company Offers Two Compelling Cloud-Based TV Packages: Local Cable Programming and Full Subscription TV
NEW YORK, Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NimbleTV (nimbletv.com), the cloud-based TV service that finally makes "TV Everywhere" a reality, today announced the beginning of its service rollout.
Starting today, NimbleTV offers two compelling types of packages that allow anyone with an address within the NYC metropolitan region to watch TV on any device via an authenticated cable subscription:
- Those with existing cable subscriptions can add on cloud-based viewing of local cable channels. Activation of this feature requires an underlying cable subscription that NimbleTV verifies with the customer's cable login credentials. Local providers that NimbleTV supports include Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Verizon FiOS and RCN. Within minutes of signing up at nimbletv.com, customers can begin watching their favorite local cable programming – including local news, sports and major networks – anywhere, anytime and on any device. The add-on package begins at $3.99 per month.
- Anyone can use NimbleTV's concierge service to sign-up for a subscription TV package of their choice, which will then be available in the cloud. These plans offer over 130 of the most popular network, local, cable and premium channels. Three subscription packages are offered, beginning at $29.98 per month.
Both types of packages include cloud-based HD-DVR with nearly limitless recording that eliminates scheduling conflicts. The add-on and new subscription packages are authenticated TV services that require NimbleTV to verify underlying TV subscriptions. NimbleTV has no affiliation with any cable or satellite operator.
"TV today is everywhere – it's all over the place, and it's a mess," said Anand Subramanian, founder and CEO of NimbleTV. "Our goal is to make TV easy again for consumers, while doing it in a way that supports the industry. Our approach simply improves existing pay TV – it does not displace it."
NimbleTV works on iOS devices, Roku, Apple TV, Internet-enabled TVs and the latest browsers and operating systems. The service's intuitive search feature enables customers to discover programming by show, title and genre. NimbleTV does not require long-term commitments or equipment.
NimbleTV currently offers television programming content from the U.S. only but will soon expand to include offerings from other countries.
Here is a summary of NimbleTV features for NYC area residents:
- Existing cable subscribers can use NimbleTV to access their local cable TV programming from the cloud.
- NimbleTV supports these local subscription TV providers: Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Verizon FiOS and RCN.
- This package includes up to 24 channels.
- It begins at $3.99/month, and the first month is free.
- Anyone can use NimbleTV's concierge service to sign-up for a subscription TV package of their choice, which will then be available in the cloud.
- These plans offer over 130 of the most popular subscription network, local, cable and premium channels.
- Three packages are offered, beginning at $29.98 per month, and the first week is risk-free.
- Both packages offer:
- Monthly cloud-based HD-DVR plans ranging from 20–90hr/month, with the option of additional recording space.
- Intuitive programming and search guide enabling users to discover content by show, channel or genre.
- Compatibility with all popular browsers, iOS devices, Apple TV, Roku and Internet-connected TVs. Android availability coming soon.
- Freedom from long-term commitments or extra equipment, and users can cancel at any time.
- Both TV options require an underlying cable/satellite TV subscription.
NimbleTV is currently available to those with addresses within the New York City designated metropolitan area (DMA), which includes the following counties: in New York, Bronx, Kings, Queens, Richmond, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Ulster, Sullivan, Orange, Dutchess; in Connecticut's Fairfield; in Pennsylvania's Pike; and, in New Jersey, Bergen, Warren, Union, Sussex, Somerset, Passaic, Ocean, Morris, Monmouth, Middlesex, Hunterdon, Hudson, and Essex.
About nimbleTV: NimbleTV (nimbletv.com) is a cloud-based, hardware-free service that enables subscribers to watch their favorite TV shows, as they happen, across multiple devices, anywhere in the world, with nearly infinite HD-DVR capacity. NimbleTV is at the forefront of new technologies that help consumers merge the best of online and linear content in one seamless interaction to deliver the TV experience people deserve.
Mario Ruiz, MRPR
646 532 6362