PHOENIX, July 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Eight Banner Health hospitals in Arizona and one in Colorado were recently named to U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospital ranking.
The U.S. News & World Report showcases more than 720 of the nation's roughly 5,000 hospitals. Fewer than 150 are nationally ranked in at least one of 16 medical specialties.
Specifically, Banner Health facilities ranked as Best Hospitals include:
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center in Phoenix: Ranked second in Arizona and nationally recognized for geriatrics as well as having 11 high-performing specialties.
- Banner Estrella Medical Center in Phoenix: Ranked No. 4; nationally recognized in pulmonology and having eight high-performing specialties.
- Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa: Ranked No. 4 in Arizona and recognized as having eight high-performing specialties.
- Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert: Ranked No. 9 in Arizona and recognized as having five high-performing specialties.
- Banner Heart Hospital in Mesa: Ranked No. 11 in Arizona with three high-performing specialties.
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center in Sun City West: Ranked No. 13 in Arizona and recognized as having two high-performing specialties.
- Banner Boswell Medical Center in Sun City and Banner Thunderbird Medical Center in Glendale were tied at No. 14 with one high-performing specialty each.
In Colorado, McKee Medical Center in Loveland was recognized as having one high-performing specialty.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country. The system manages 25 acute-care hospitals, the Banner Health Network and Banner Medical Group, long-term care centers, outpatient surgery centers and an array of other services including family clinics, home care and hospice services, and a nursing registry. Banner Health is in seven states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming. For more information, visit www.BannerHealth.com.
Contact: Public Relations
Greg Sexton, 480-998-2600
SOURCE Banner Health