SPOKANE, Wash., June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Red Lion Hotels Corporation (NYSE: RLH) announced today nine Red Lion Hotels in four states have earned the prestigious 2012 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor®, the world's largest travel website. Approximately 10 percent of accommodations listed on the site receive this esteemed award, according to TripAdvisor.
"We have made the guest experience a top priority at Red Lion Hotels," said Jon E. Eliassen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Red Lion Hotels Corporation. "It's our frontline team members who make that occur daily by offering friendly and helpful service to our customers."
The accolade, which honors hospitality excellence, is given only to establishments that consistently achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor, and is extended to qualifying businesses worldwide. To qualify for the Certificate of Excellence, businesses must maintain an overall rating of at least four, out of a possible five, as reviewed by travelers on TripAdvisor and must receive a prescribed volume of reviews within the last 12 months.
"TripAdvisor is pleased to honor exceptional businesses for consistent excellence, as reviewed by travelers on the site," said Christine Petersen, president of TripAdvisor for Business. "The Certificate of Excellence award gives highly rated establishments around the world the recognition they deserve. From exceptional accommodations in Beijing to remarkable restaurants in Boston, we want to applaud these businesses for offering TripAdvisor travelers a great customer experience."
The following Red Lion Hotels have earned the 2012 Certificate of Excellence:
- Red Lion Hotel Anaheim 4.0 Rating – Also earned 2011 Certificate of Excellence http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g29092-d75708-Reviews-Red_Lion_Hotel_Anaheim-Anaheim_California.html
- Red Lion Inn Rancho Cordova 4.5 Rating – Also ranked #1 of 20 hotels in Rancho Cordova (near Sacramento) http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32939-d79382-Reviews-Red_Lion_Inn_Sacramento_Rancho_Cordova-Rancho_Cordova_California.html
- Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner 4.0 Rating – Also earned 2011 Certificate of Excellence http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g35394-d90259-Reviews-Red_Lion_Hotel_Boise_Downtowner-Boise_Idaho.html
- Red Lion Hotel on the River - Jantzen Beach 4.0 Rating http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52024-d122303-Reviews-Red_Lion_Hotel_on_the_River_Jantzen_Beach-Portland_Oregon.html
- Red Lion Hotel Eugene 4.0 Rating – Also earned 2011 Certificate of Excellence http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g51862-d95977-Reviews-Red_Lion_Hotel_Eugene-Eugene_Oregon.html
- Red Lion Hotel Pendleton 4.0 Rating http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g52016-d96073-Reviews-Red_Lion_Hotel_Pendleton-Pendleton_Oregon.html
- Red Lion Hotel Pasco 4.0 Rating http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g58674-d110972-Reviews-Red_Lion_Hotel_Pasco-Pasco_Tri_Cities_Washington.html
- Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport 4.0 Rating http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60878-d112437-Reviews-Red_Lion_Hotel_Seattle_Airport-Seattle_Washington.html
- Red Lion Hotel Wenatchee 4.5 Rating http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g58820-d100727-Reviews-Red_Lion_Inn-Wenatchee_Washington.html
About Red Lion Hotels Corporation: Red Lion Hotels Corporation is a hospitality and leisure company primarily engaged in the ownership, operation and franchising of midscale hotels under its Red Lion® brand. As of March 31, 2012, the RLH hotel network was comprised of 48 hotels located in nine states and one Canadian province, with 9,010 rooms and 452,387 square feet of meeting space. The company also owns and operates an entertainment and event ticket distribution business. For more information, please visit the company's website at www.redlion.com.
SOURCE Red Lion Hotels Corporation