NEW YORK, Oct. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Autumn is a highly anticipated time of year, filled with football and fun like apple picking, pumpkin carving and trick or treating with the little ones. Yet, as the temperature dips, millions of Americans experience an increase in daily joint stiffness. October is Joint Health Awareness Month and Osteo Bi-Flex®, the "No.1 Pharmacist Recommended" bone and joint health brandi, is providing tips to help Americans with joint comfort, mobility and flexibility so they can enjoy all that the season has to offer.*
"As the fall weather arrives, millions of Americans feel even more tightness in their joints that impacts the enjoyment of daily activities such as walking the dog. Joint Health Awareness Month serves as a reminder to consumers of all ages to pay attention to your joints and take proactive steps for stronger joints that feel better," said Osteo Bi-Flex® senior brand manager Albert So.
"The Osteo Bi-Flex® team is committed to providing consumers with quality joint health supplements and advice to help improve their quality of life and keep Americans on the move during Joint Health Awareness Month – and around the year," said So.
For those looking to defend their joints as temperatures drop, consider the following tips from Osteo Bi-Flex®:
- Keep moving: Chilly and damp temperatures can mean we walk and exercise less. Stillness makes joint stiffness even worse! Stretch, walk and move to keep blood flowing to your joints. Move your summer exercise indoors. Choose low-impact moves that are easy on joints; short intervals on stairs, stationary biking or low-resistance yoga.
- Nutrition is important for joints too: We all know nutrition is important for our overall well-being yet many of us neglect nutrition for our joints. Joint health supplement Osteo Bi-Flex® contains glucosamine, chondroitin and collagen, compounds naturally found within our joint cartilage. Osteo Bi-Flex® also contains Joint Shield™, a proprietary blend that helps maintain and defend your joints.* Joint Shield™ exclusively features 5-LOXIN™ Advanced, a concentrated extract of Boswellia serrata herb which helps with occasional joint flare-ups.*
- Watch your diet: While the cold weather might make comfort food more appealing, make sure to eat a balanced diet and avoid foods high in fatty acids which may trigger additional joint stiffness. Opt for foods rich in Vitamin C (oranges, peppers, tomatoes), Vitamin K (greens; spinach, kale) and good fatty acids (salmon, avocado, nuts).
- Help ease occasional joint stress: Being overweight adds stress on our joints. We can also damage our joints with poor posture, sitting on our legs and improper exercise form and technique. Listen to your body and be conscious that repeat stress on your joints can results in daily joint pain later in life.
- Learn more about your joint health: Learn how to make your joints stronger to keep up with the lifestyle you want to live. Visit osteobiflex.com and follow Osteo Bi-Flex on Facebook and Twitter for more tips, insights from experts and stories from consumers who are enjoying the benefits of joints that work and feel better.
By following these key tips that support overall joint health, Americans will be ready to enjoy everything that the chilly months have to offer.
About Osteo Bi-Flex®
Osteo Bi-Flex® is a brand built on quality and innovation. Osteo Bi-Flex® has been responsible for leading the way in the joint care supplements category. Our goal is to bring you and your family the best possible products. With the focus on providing high-quality nutritional supplements that fulfill a variety of needs, Osteo Bi-Flex® is committed to providing products to support joint comfort, mobility, and flexibility.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, tread, cure, or prevent any disease.
Individual results may vary.
Based on two human studies with 5-LOXIN® Advanced where subjects rated their joint health over time, subjects' joint health improved within 7 days, and continued to improve throughout the duration of the studies.
i Based on the results of the Pharmacy Times Survey among pharmacists who recommend a "bone/joint strengthener" dietary supplement, 2015-2016.
MWW for Osteo Bi-Flex®
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/no-1-pharmacist-recommended-brand-osteo-bi-flex-shares-tips-for-joint-health-awareness-month-300344403.html
SOURCE Osteo Bi-Flex