No Short Cuts To Healthy Aging
BLOOMINGTON, Minn., Sept. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In recognition of September as healthy aging month, the Minnesota Chiropractic Association (MCA) is encouraging seniors to embrace an active and wellness-based approach to life.
"There are simply no short cuts" stated MCA President, Dr. Christian Kollar. "An active, engaged and wellness approach to everything we do is essential to a high quality, functional life as we get older," Kollar explained.
Dr. Kollar who has seen the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle first hand, practices with his active 73-year old father in New Brighton, Minnesota. He says, "The earlier you take care of your body, the longer it will continue to take care of you and it's never too late to start."
Daily Anti-Aging Tips:
- Make sure to keep your body moving every day, even if it's just walking at the mall, up and down stairs at work or taking a stroll around the block. Exercise is key to living a long and healthy life.
- Hydration is important for cellular functioning, so make sure you drink liquids regularly throughout the day.
- The nutrients in plant-based foods are essential for health and wellness. Eat plenty of vegetables and low-sugar fruits every day.
- Incorporate a diet that is rich in fiber which can help slow the aging process.
- Don't under estimate the fun factor. Take time to have fun with your friend and loved ones. Social support and positive experiences have been seen in studies to be beneficial to health.
- Rest is necessary for your body to run optimally.
The MCA also encourages regular chiropractic adjustments to correct misalignments. Regular adjustments also reduce spinal nerve irritation, improve circulation, and releases muscle tension, which then helps the body return to a balanced, relaxed state. Chiropractic care can have a positive impact on your health and can also aid in preventing a variety of health problems in the future.
If you have concerns about the aging process or would like to enhance your wellness program, contact the MCA or visit our website (www.mnchiro.com) to find a Doctor of Chiropractic near you.
About Minnesota Chiropractic Association
Created in 1927, the Minnesota Chiropractic Association is the only professional organization in Minnesota that solely represents the chiropractic professional on a multi-level and integrated service basis.
Contact: Debra Hurston
SOURCE Minnesota Chiropractic Association