No Time to Shop for Your Valentine? NAMA Says From Flowers to Caviar, A Vending Machine Can Save the Day!
CHICAGO, Feb. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- If you're one of the millions of Americans pressed for time this Valentine's Day, at the touch of a button, a vending machine might be the best source for the best gift for your beloved! According to NAMA, the vending industry's national association, vending machines across the country offer a surprisingly wide array of luxury gift options for cupid, from fresh flowers to jewelry to Beluga caviar:
- Gold – Nothing says you care quite like gold, and you can pick up an ounce or two at the "Gold to Go" machine in Boca Raton.
- Gourmet Delights– Planning a romantic dinner at home? Beverly Hills Caviar offers Imperial River Beluga caviar and blinis, gourmet oils, truffles and escargots all wrapped to go at machines in Burbank, Los Angeles and Canoga Park.
- Cupcakes – If it's sweet for the sweet, Sprinkles Cupcakes sends up delectable cupcakes in Beverly Hills, Chicago and Washington DC. The world's first cupcake ATMs hit the spot for movie stars and gourmands alike featuring cupcakes crafted from a unique blend of butter, bittersweet Belgian chocolate and pure Madagascar Bourbon.
- Luxury Goods – To give the gift that lasts, visit the Hudson Hotel in New York City where vending machines offer designer furs and python clutches along with Nixon watches and Ray-Ban sunglasses.
- Hip Gadgets – Pick up an iPhone, iPad and more at Best Buy vending machines in airports around the country, including Atlanta, Boston and Dallas.
- Flowers – If you are travelling by air, wow him or her with traditional red roses found at vending machines in 19 major airports including Baltimore, Las Vegas and Nashville.
- Be Beautiful – Ladies on the fly can purchase makeup, perfume and even eyelash extensions at Sephora vending machines in Nashville, Dallas and Houston airports.
- Sole Support – After dancing all night in heels, comfy ballet flats may be just the answer! Vending machines dispensing the shoes began in Los Angeles and Las Vegas and are popping up in many cities, making for happy feet, coast-to-coast.
- The Penthouse Suite – Visit the Mondrian Hotel in South Beach where you can purchase a Sunset Dinner Yacht Cruise for Two or rent a Beachside Penthouse Suite, all with a swipe of your credit card.
- A Bentley? – Yes, it's true. Buy your beloved a 2003 Bentley Arnage T, Light Blue. With just $90,000 it's yours, courtesy of vending machines at the Mondrian in Miami and the Hudson Hotel in New York.
Founded in 1936, NAMA is the association representing the $42 billion U.S. vending and refreshment service industry. With more than 1800 member companies – including many of the world's most recognized brands – NAMA provides advocacy, education and research for its membership.