Noble Corporation Announces Results Of Shareholder Vote
LONDON, June 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Noble Corporation (NYSE: NE) today announced the results of the annual general meeting of shareholders of Noble Corporation held on June 10, 2014, in London, England. At the meeting, shareholders approved the following proposals:
- The reelection of Jon A. Marshall and Mary P. Ricciardello and election of Scott D. Josey as directors for one-year terms that will expire in 2015.
- Ratification of the appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for fiscal year 2014 and re-appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as the Company's statutory auditor until the 2015 annual general meeting of shareholders.
- Authorization of the audit committee to determine the UK statutory auditors' compensation.
- An advisory vote to approve the compensation of the Company's named executive officers.
- An advisory vote to approve the directors' compensation report.
- Approval of the directors' compensation policy.
- An amendment of the Articles of Association of the Company to permit, but not require, the Board of Directors to declare and pay one or more interim dividends of some or all of the ordinary shares of Paragon Offshore Limited ("Paragon Offshore"), the Company's wholly-owned subsidiary and/or any successor subsidiary of the Company owning any portion of the Company's standard specification assets to the Company's shareholders.
- An amendment of the Articles of Association of the Company to implement a declassification of the Board of Directors. Once the declassification of the Board of Directors to be effected by the amendment is fully effective, the Board of Directors will no longer be divided into three classes and every director will serve annual terms.
For a complete description of the above matters, please refer to the Company's definitive proxy statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on May 9, 2014.
About Noble Corporation
Noble is a leading offshore drilling contractor for the oil and gas industry. Noble performs, through its subsidiaries, contract drilling services with a fleet of 77 offshore drilling units (including one ultra-deepwater drillship and three high-specification jackup drilling rigs currently under construction), located worldwide, including in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico and Alaska, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, the North Sea, the Mediterranean, West Africa, the Middle East, India, Malaysia and Australia. Noble's shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "NE." Noble Corporation plc is a public limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 08354954 and registered office at Devonshire House, 1 Mayfair Place, London, W1J 8AJ England. Additional information on Noble Corporation is available on the Company's Web site at http://www.noblecorp.com.
This news release may contain "forward-looking statements" about the business, financial performance and prospects of the Company. Statements about the Company's or management's plans, intentions, expectations, beliefs, estimates, predictions, or similar expressions for the future, including any statements regarding the payment of any dividend or the timing and amount of such payment, are forward-looking statements that involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions. No assurance can be given that the outcomes of these forward-looking statements will be realized, and actual results could differ materially from those expressed as a result of various factors. A discussion of these factors, including risks and uncertainties, is set forth from time to time in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
SOURCE Noble Corporation