"Mobile authentication must evolve beyond today's password-centric framework, and organizations must start developing a comprehensive risk-based strategy," said Phillip Dunkelberger, President and CEO of Nok Nok Labs. "As the leader in modern authentication solutions, we recognize the demand in the market for a unified solution allowing a more secure, yet simpler experience across heterogeneous devices, services and operating systems. This enhanced version building on top of our Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite delivers better authentication assurance with risk intelligence."
With this announcement, Nok Nok Labs offers the most cost effective, scalable solution for modern authentication while providing organizations with rapid deployment across multiple platforms - mobile devices, desktop or mobile browsers or in a mobile application. Supporting the FIDO UAF specification, S3 Premium Edition offers a Risk Engine that better arms organizations in their battle with mobile fraud. The Risk Engine interprets risk signals from the device including geolocation, device health, and travel speed to drive policies to allow or deny authentication events.
As part of its strategy to drive standards-based authentication, the Nok Nok Authentication Server products will continue to support all current and emerging FIDO specifications and other industry standards that address market needs. The Nok Nok Authentication Server will enable enterprises, mobile network operators and relying parties to "future proof" their authentication needs by taking advantage of existing and future FIDO specifications supported by OS platforms and web browsers, as they emerge and address customer requirements.
Other highlights of the Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite - Premium Edition include:
- A more powerful Policy engine with support for risk scoring rules and risk signals. Some of the new risk signals include:
- Geolocation - This signal locates a user's device location and can check against a policy defined list of restricted countries. This enables the administrator to deny access from disallowed locations and adjust their risk score.
- Travel Speed - This signal determines if the user's device has travelled too far in too short a time. It uses the device's geolocation to calculate the travel speed from the last login location and time. With this information, users can take policy-defined action to adjust risk scores or deny fraudulent access from multiple locations within a short time interval.
- Device Health - This signal checks for signs of tampering on the device.
- Simplified integration support enabling quicker deployment, including integration with access management solutions such as Ping Identity PingFederate® and IBM® Security Access Manager.
- Multi-tenancy support facilitating deployment of multiple authentication services.
"Customer experience correlates strongly to customer willingness to make another purchase and also builds brand loyalty. This means that every poor online authentication experience increases the risk of customer attrition and lost sales. Creating a consistent, memorable, and enjoyable omnichannel customer experience (CX) must be an obsession for your company," wrote Merritt Maxim and Andras Cser in a September 2016 Forrester Research report.
"The variety of authentication use cases covered by the Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite with its FIDO certified Nok Nok App SDK and Authentication Server demonstrates the potential for FIDO compliant passwordless solutions," said Brett McDowell, Executive Director of The FIDO Alliance. "Nok Nok Labs' strategy to support all FIDO protocols in their products to meet customer requirements is putting into practice the framework we've architected, and it's paving the way towards a much stronger authentication ecosystem across all FIDO Certified devices, regardless of protocol.
The Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite has seen notable deployments from industry leaders, including NTT DOCOMO, PayPal and Alipay. Further deployments are in progress in major banks, insurance companies, mobile network operators, and major trading networks. The Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite - Premium Edition is available now and more information can be found here.
About Nok Nok Labs
Nok Nok Labs provides organizations with the ability to bring a unified approach to deploy easy to use and secure authentication infrastructure to their mobile and web applications, using standards-based solutions that include support for FIDO and other specifications. The Nok Nok Authentication Server products enable organizations to accelerate revenues, reduce fraud, and strengthen security and privacy. Nok Nok Labs is a founding member of the FIDO Alliance with industry leading customers and partners that include NTT DOCOMO, PayPal, Alipay, Samsung and Lenovo. For more information, visit www.noknok.com.
 Evolve Your IAM Strategy For Your Digital Business
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nok-nok-labs-delivers-comprehensive-risk-based-authentication-300342167.html
SOURCE Nok Nok Labs