NEW YORK, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The 6th Global Infrastructure Leadership Forum kicks off this week in New York City, with 400 executives recognizing and hosting the Top 100 global infrastructure projects. Nominees were announced this morning for the Global Infrastructure Leadership Forum Project of the Year awards.
Aconex CEO Leigh Jasper, the sponsor of this year's awards, said "The Project of the Year Awards recognize exceptional projects, and exceptional leadership. We hope to support these projects every step of the way, ensuring that they are well managed in a collaborative environment and completed on time and on budget."
Project of the Year Award nominees cover nearly every infrastructure sector, highlighting the best projects proposed for 2013. Nominees are drawn from thirteen countries. Project nominees are:
Engineering Project of the Year: Nominees are recognized for designing technically challenging projects. Success in these projects creates not only new standards, but also whole new economic and professional capabilities. Nominees are:
- Trans-Anatolian Gas Pipeline (USD 7 billion): Azerbaijan
- Hyderabad Metro (USD 2.6 billion): India
- Al Abdaliyah Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Plant: Kuwait
Job Creation Project of the Year: Nominees are recognized for creating the largest number of high quality jobs over the lifetime of the project. Nominees are:
- Detroit River International Crossing (USD 3.5 billion): Canada
- Port of Salalah - Entry to GCC Rail Network (USD 100 million): Oman
- Peregrine International - Global Gateway Logistics City (USD 2.8 billion): Philippines
New/Green Infrastructure Project of the Year: Nominees are recognized for showing the greatest innovation in minimizing environmental damage and minimizing their carbon footprint. Nominees are:
- Eco Ciudad Navarro (USD 2 billion): Colombia
- San Francisco PUC - Water System Improvement Program (USD 4.6 billion): USA
- Renewable Energy Independent Power Producers (REIPP) (USD 5.44 billion): South Africa
Finance Project of the Year: Nominees are recognized for pursuing an innovative or inclusive financing model. Projects in this category provide a model that can be replicated to the benefit of future projects.
- Istanbul 3rd Airport (USD 9 billion): Turkey
- Trans-Eurasian Information Super Highway: Azerbaijan
- Rio de Janeiro Airport Concession (USD 3.2 billion): Brazil
Strategic Project of the Year: Nominees are recognized for projecting the greatest impact on the competitiveness of their country or region. These are projects that dramatically change the competitiveness and opportunity equation for millions of people, for the 40-50 year lifetime of the project.
- Brasilia Airport (USD 6 billion): Brazil
- Etihad Rail (USD 11 billion): UAE
- Tanjung Priok Port Expansion (USD 2.4 billion): Indonesia
According to Norman F. Anderson, President & CEO of CG/LA Infrastructure, "These projects not only represent best practices, but also symbolize this generation's legacy for the next generation - they are literally our design for the future."
About the Global Leadership Forum: (www.cg-la.com/gilf6)
Now in its 6th year, the Global Infrastructure Leadership Forum hosts the top global infrastructure projects by bringing together high level decision makers involved in the global infrastructure build, including individuals in engineering, construction, technology, public policy and finance.
ACONEX - provider of the world's mostly widely used online project collaboration solutions for construction and engineering - is sponsoring the Strategic Infrastructure Project of the Year Awards, and Aconex CEO Leigh Jasper and Senior Vice President Dexter Bachelder will announce the winners at 1:45pm Thursday February 28th during the 6th Global Leadership Forum held at Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House, New York City.
For more information contact: Janina Anderson
SOURCE CG/LA Infrastructure LLC