North American Breweries Launches: Mission to Become a Master Cicerone® Scholarship Program
BUFFALO, N.Y., March 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The learning academy at North American Breweries, named NABrewniversity, recently announced the launch of its exclusive Mission to Become a Master Cicerone® Scholarship Program. The Program includes quarterly rotations, over two years, designed to prepare qualified candidates to take the Cicerone® Certification Program's Master Cicerone® exam. The Program provides real-world experience in beer and brewing from a process, ingredients, historical, and service point of view. Several NAB wholesaler representatives and NAB employees will be selected to participate in the Program, based on an application process that will begin in August. Applications will be available to download on http://nabscholarship.com/. Once participants are chosen, the Program begins in October. Scholarships are valued at more than $50,000 each.
According to James Pendegraft from NAB, the beer company is committed to further educating its sales and wholesale team by providing an intensive two year study program. "As a segment specialist and credible craft supplier, we are excited to offer our network this latest extension of the NABrewniversity campus and curriculum. Our knowledge center is setting the standard for the craft segment," said Pendegraft.
About The Mission to Become a Master Cicerone® Scholarship Program
Along with intensive course study, the Program will also include a variety of field opportunities for participants in order to gain first-hand experience including:
- The Origin of Beer Styles: The Program will include multiple trips to Europe to learn about and sample traditional beer styles in their native countries. Participants will have the chance to experience Europe's rich beer culture in some of the most famous breweries in the world with visits to countries such as Germany, Belgium, England, and Ireland.
- Mastering the Brewing Process: Participants will master the art of the brewing process by attending classes at The Master Brewers Association of the Americas at the University of Wisconsin and the Siebel Institute of Technology.
- Craft Innovation/Brewing Application: Participants will then have the chance to apply their knowledge by working in one of NAB's famous craft breweries where they will create a recipe and brew a new NAB beer.
- Serving Beer: Participants will spend time in one of the celebrated Pyramid Alehouses, learning the art of properly serving beer and the complex components of how a draft system operates.
- Farm to Table Beer and Food Tour: Participants will visit one of the world's leading hop farms and complete a brief rotation in a culinary environment to better understand the science of cooking and how to relate it to pairing beer with food.
"NAB has put together an exciting learning program for the lucky scholarship winners. We always tell people that for Master Cicerone® you can't learn everything from a single source--that it takes different points of view and different experiences to garner the knowledge needed. This looks like an amazing range of experiences that would help anyone prepare for the rigorous Master Cicerone exam," said Ray Daniels , Director of the Cicerone® Certification Program.
For more details about The Mission to Become a Master Cicerone® Scholarship Program, including application information, please visit http://nabscholarship.com/.
North American Breweries is one of the county's leading beer suppliers, brewing high quality beers at its five breweries, including four dedicated craft breweries, and importing beer daily from both Canada and Costa Rica. Its diverse portfolio and world class employees have transformed NAB into a segment leader and a credible craft supplier. With Magic Hat and Pyramid being two of the most recognizable, dynamic craft brands, NAB plays a major role in driving craft segment growth. In addition to brewing high quality craft beer, NAB owns and operates four state of the art Pyramid Alehouses in the heart of the craft beer industry. The Alehouses allow NAB to focus on local craft markets by brewing unique, small batch beers for their Pacific Northwest consumers. A leading importer, NAB imports the number one Canadian beer and the number one Cerveza de Costa Rica. NAB also propelled Seagram's Escapes into the number one cooler brand in only a few short years, gaining the attention of industry analysts and earning nods such as Impact Databank's 2012 Hot Brand Award.
Cicerone®, Certified Cicerone®, Master Cicerone® and Cicerone® Certification Program are registered trademarks of Caduceus Communications, Inc. dba Craft Beer Institute.
Contact: Mary Beth Popp
SOURCE North American Breweries
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.