Northern Virginia Technology Council Announces New Officers and Members of its Board of Directors
HERNDON, Va., July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC), the largest technology council in the nation, today announced the fiscal year 2013-2014 officers of the Board of Directors as well as the election of 25 new and returning Board members, including seven Chair's appointees and three individuals appointed to the Senior Advisory Group of the NVTC Board.
The Officers of the Board of Directors are:
- Chair: Sudhakar Kesavan, ICF International
- Vice Chairman: Todd Stottlemyer, Acentia
- Vice Chairman: Anne K. Altman, Global Public Sector, IBM Corporation
- President & CEO: Bobbie Kilberg, NVTC
- Treasurer: George E. Quinn, Ernst & Young
- Secretary: Enrico Della Corna, PNC Bank
- General Counsel: Craig E. Chason, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Public Relations Advisor: Evan Weisel, Welz & Weisel Communications
In addition, outgoing NVTC Chair Brad Antle, president & CEO of Salient Federal Solutions Inc., presented seven appointments to the Board. They are as follows:
- Ted Davies, Unisys
- Mike Golden, Wells Fargo
- Dave Groobert, Environics Communications
- John Hagan, BB&T Capital Markets | Windsor Group
- Joel Kallett, Clearsight Advisors
- Jean Stack, Houlihan Lokey
- Sean Stone, Silicon Valley Bank
Also, the following new members of the Senior Advisory Group of the NVTC Board were appointed:
- Ted Hengst, Artel
- Michael Rao, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Kim Shanahan, Korn/Ferry
On June 20, the NVTC membership elected 15 three-year-term members to the NVTC Board of Directors, a number of whom are present board members who will be serving new terms. The 15 individuals are:
- Teresa Carlson, Amazon Web Services
- Ed Casey, Serco, Inc.
- Scott Hommer, Venable
- Bob Johnson, Sprint
- Dan Johnson, General Dynamics Information Technology
- Ray Johnson, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Wayne Lucernoni, Harris IT Services
- Michael Maiorana, Verizon Wireless
- Stacy Mendler, Alion Science and Technology
- Tony Moraco, SAIC
- J. D. Myers, II, Cox Communications, Inc.
- Rob Quartel, NTEL-X
- David Schaefer, AH&T Insurance
- Bob Templin, Northern Virginia Community College
- Marta Wilson, Transformation Systems, Inc.
The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) is the membership and trade association for the technology community in Northern Virginia. As the largest technology council in the nation, NVTC serves about 1,000 companies from all sectors of the technology industry, as well as service providers, universities, foreign embassies, nonprofit organizations and governmental agencies. Through its member companies, NVTC represents about 200,000 employees in the region. NVTC is recognized as the nation's leader in providing its technology community with networking and educational events; specialized services and benefits; public policy advocacy; branding of its region as a major global technology center; initiatives in targeted business sectors and in the international, entrepreneurship, workforce and education arenas; the Equal Footing Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity that serves local area youth; and The Entrepreneur Center @NVTC, which mentors new technology entrepreneurs. Visit NVTC at www.nvtc.org.
SOURCE Northern Virginia Technology Council