NEW YORK, Jan. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Snapshot of innovations in R&D targeting key applications of drug delivery technologies
The drug delivery market has witnessed immense growth in the last decade due to the penetration of drug delivery technologies in varied applications ranging from medicine to cosmetics. Increasing presence of technology manufacturers, rise in demand for novel products to deliver drugs and a diverse portfolio of technologies from key stakeholders combined with newer licensing agreements and partnerships has resulted in a steady growth of this market. The research study covers the market share assessment of the most common routes of drug administration that range from oral route of administration to most recent developments in transdermal drug delivery. Key market drivers and challenges section details the factors that are likely to hold key in the success of drug delivery systems across various industries apart from medicine. The research study further details the adoption of these technologies in regions of North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, explaining the likelihood of adoption of individual routes of administration in these regions. A number of medical and non-medical applications have been presented that also include key innovators in these segments. Finally, a number of technology management strategies and an emerging technology road map has been set forth to explore the opportunity evaluation in this market.
Step 1: To provide a thorough analysis of each topic, TechVision's analysts perform a review of patents to become familiar with the major developers and commercial participants and their processes.
Step 2: Building on the patent search, the analysts review abstracts to identify key scientific and technical papers that provide insights into key industry participants and the technical processes on which they work.
Step 3: The analysts then create a detailed questionnaire with content created to address the research objectives of the study, which functions as a guide during the interview process. While the analysts use structured questionnaires to guarantee coverage of all the desired issues, they also conduct interviews in a conversational style. This approach results in a more thorough exchange of views with the respondents, and offers greater insight into the relevant issues than more structured interviews may provide.
Step 4: The analysts conduct primary research with key industry participants and technology developers to obtain the required content. Interviews are completed with sources located throughout the world, in universities, national laboratories, governmental and regulatory bodies, trade associations, and end-user companies, among other key organizations. Our analysts contact the major commercial participants to find out about the advantages and disadvantages of processes and the drivers and challenges for technologies and applications. Our analysts talk to the principal developers, researchers,
engineers, business developers, analysts, strategic planners, and marketing experts, among other professionals.
Step 5: The project management and research team reviews and analyzes the research data that are gathered and adds its recommendations to the draft of the final study. Having conducted both published studies and custom proprietary research covering many types of new and emerging technology activities as well as worldwide industry analysis, the management and research team adds its perspective and experience to provide an accurate, timely analysis. The analysts then prepare written final research services for each project and sometimes present key findings in analyst briefings to clients.
- Drug delivery market has witnessed continued growth in the last years owing to a number of reasons such as increasing presence of technology manufacturers, positive investor scenario, diverse portfolio of technologies from key stakeholders, newer licensing agreements, and so on.
- The market is currently valued at $ billion in 2015 and a five year forecast is estimated to grow at a steady compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of %. This will allow the drug delivery market to reach approximately $ billion by 2020.
- With the presence of key stakeholders and the growth of emerging mechanisms to ensure delivery of drugs, the market will witness promising growth in the next years.
- One of the recent trends has been the entry of nanoparticles in this drug delivery space and the reliance of manufacturers towards nanotechnology, which will ensure drug delivery moves to a targeted delivery concept and ensure the delivery of the drug at the diseased site.
- With better drug solubility, stability in the hostile gastro-intestinal tract and enhanced drug bioavailability, drug delivery technologies look extremely promising and this is likely to drive the market overall.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03558371-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001