SAN FRANCISCO, June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Coverity, Inc., the development testing leader, announced today that Novell, a global provider of software and services in the field of file and network services, endpoint management solutions and collaboration products, has selected Coverity® Static Analysis as its company-wide development testing solution. As part of its ongoing engineering excellence initiative, Novell has deployed Coverity to help find and fix software defects early in the development cycle to further improve software quality and reliability.
For Novell, a software defect in the field has a material business impact, raising the importance of testing early in the development cycle across its core product lines. Novell's file and networking services help its customers control and automate file storage, simplify network management, install printers easily and automate disaster recovery of key business systems. System downtime in any of these critical services would lead to reduced customer satisfaction rates, potential loss of clients and ultimately negative impact on revenue. Novell's endpoint management products make it easy for IT staff to ensure that employee working environments are patched, compliant, secure and properly equipped. Novell's collaboration products (such as e-mail, calendaring, team workspaces and document management) help people connect with each other and work together.
"After evaluating many solutions on the market, we ultimately chose Coverity Development Testing for its ability to find serious software defects with accuracy and its ease of integration into our existing development methodology," said Thomas Sanders, Project Manager at Novell. "To date, Coverity has helped us reduce a number of defects in both new and original code. This reduces the risk of service downtime and will ultimately enable us to bring new services to market faster, both of which increase customer satisfaction and help us to increase revenue."
Novell collaborates closely with customers to identify and prioritize new functionalities that are needed to successfully do business. Sanders continued, "With more than 23,000 customers around the world, a software defect in any of Novell's products has far-reaching ramifications. Our customers need greater levels of product reliability to achieve their business goals and Novell has brought in Coverity as a partner that can help ensure we succeed in meeting those expectations."
With Coverity, Novell anticipates significant business benefits including:
- More Reliable Products. Software defects are detected and resolved much earlier in the software development process in full support of Novell's commitment to engineering excellence. In addition, by addressing defects in legacy code, Novell has been able to reduce its technical debt.
- Reduced Risk of Service Downtime. Higher quality software means there is far less chance of client system outages, helping to minimize the need for supplementary, unbilled technical support.
- Faster Time to Market. Engineers are able to identify and address issues in a shorter timeframe, making them more productive. This helps to shorten time to market for new software releases.
- Greater Customer Satisfaction & Revenue Growth. By developing and releasing more reliable products, reducing the risk of service downtime and driving developer productivity, Novell is able to boost customer satisfaction and drive revenue growth.
"By continuing to raise its software quality bar, Novell is able to link development testing to business outcomes such as customer satisfaction, revenues and competitive advantage," said Jennifer Johnson, VP of Marketing at Coverity. "We applaud Novell for its innovation in engineering excellence and process transformation."
- Download the Novell Success Story
- Learn more about Coverity's development testing solutions.
- Visit CoverityConnect, Coverity's online developer community for best practices and technical insights on development testing.
Coverity, Inc., (www.coverity.com), the development testing leader, is the trusted standard for companies that need to protect their brands and bottom lines from software failures. More than 1,100 Coverity customers use Coverity's development testing suite of products to automatically test source code for software defects that could lead to product crashes, unexpected behavior, security breaches or catastrophic failure. Coverity is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco. Coverity is funded by Foundation Capital and Benchmark Capital. Follow us on Twitter or check out our blog.
SOURCE Coverity, Inc.